“My Favorite Tour!”

Jim Beam American Stillhouse
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Clermont
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Visit the newly renovated Jim Beam American Stillhouse, and experience the two centuries of history, heritage and craftsmanship of America’s #1 bourbon. Nestled in the rolling foothills of Kentucky, the distillery offers something for everyone – picturesque views, history and, of course, world-famous Jim Beam® Bourbon. You will see the bourbon-making process firsthand and witness what goes into creating an authentic liquid legend. You will have an up-close and personal look into the long lineage of the First Family of Bourbon, their business, and its impact on Kentucky and the bourbon industry. You will come as a friend and leave as family.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator
Western NC
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“My Favorite Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was our second visit to this distillery and the American Stillhouse was built after our first visit. The tour was also very interactive which I very much enjoyed. A good portion of the tour was centered around the Knob Creek bottling operation and Knob Creek is my favorite bourbon. I actually got to help empty a barrel into the strainer and my wife got to hand rinse a Knob Creek bottle prior to the filling process. This was the highlight of the tour for me. I was also excited to learn they are working through the legalities of allowing you to fill your own bottle of Knob Creek, seal it and then purchase it. How cool is that! Bourbon sampling was automated and we were each issued a card good for 3 samples. The bourbon was in several machines and I thought it was great to be able to select samples from so many different types of bourbon. Although the Jim Beam distillery is one of the larger operations, this is a great tour you shouldn't miss.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Toby H

• Polish first
Newport News, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I am visiting friends in Kentucky. Wanted to see an all American company and the inner workings of how Bourbon is made. I had an A+ experience. Every single person I encountered was helpful, kind and warm. Teresa, my your guide went above and beyond to make my tour memorable. She took pictures, encouraged me to ask questions and showed a genuine passion for her job and Jim Beam products. I HIGHLY recommend visiting and taking the guided your!

2 Thank Saltycove
Toronto, Canada
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Interesting and tastes good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I visited beam's distillery and found it much bigger than I thought it would be. There is a long winding driveway entrance that makes you believe you may be on the wrong road until little signs confirm you are OK. Entering the two story welcoming building you will find all kinds of products Beam other than booze.you register for a tour and you are given a time your 90 minute tour starts. A short bus ride takes your tour group (about 16 people) to show you the percentages of grains used and all the information you will need or want to know about bourbon. Jennifer, our guide was great. The one ounce tasting at the end was also good. This property is nice and close to Louisville and is a fun diversion. All for only $10.00.each.

1 Thank Rick M
Streator, Illinois
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Good time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

My brother got married earlier this year and for his bachelor party, he decided he wanted to get a bunch of people together, rent a party bus, and do a bourbon tour. This was stop three of a three stop tour. Much as I like Beam, the place itself seems a bit too commercial to me. I enjoyed myself, don't get me wrong, but it just seems too set up for tourism. Having said that, I would recommend going if you appreciate a good bourbon.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank 1roadwarrior10
Pennsylvania
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 286 helpful votes
“Rip-off!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

We drove quite a distance because the AAA book said admission was "free" and included a film about the bourbon-making process at the Tourist Center, a replica of an old tobacco barn, rackhouses where bourbon is aged in barrels, and the historic 1911 Beam family home. When we arrived on the site the only thing "free" was the store and 2 small open sheds. There was no film, no old tobacco barn, no Tourist Center (just the store/Stillhouse), the family home was not open, and the rackhouse was not open without a ticket. When I inquired about this at the front desk a very snippy young lady grabbed the AAA book out of my hand and took a picture of the description stating the information was not updated, even though it was the 2013-14 latest edition. She appeared annoyed with AAA. She seemed annoyed in general, as I had heard her earlier say to a colleague, "I thought I'd be out of here by now!" Her customer service skills were non-existent. All she wanted to do was sell me a ticket for the tour. I wish I could rate this place a "0" because of the way I was treated. They just want your money.

6 Thank LouisePennsylvania

Been to Jim Beam American Stillhouse? Share your experiences!