“Rip-off!”

Bourbon Trail Tour to Jim Beam, Heaven Hill and Barton
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Clermont
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Visit the newly renovated Jim Beam American Stillhouse, and experience the two centuries of history, heritage and craftsmanship of America’s #1 bourbon. Nestled in the rolling foothills of Kentucky, the distillery offers something for everyone – picturesque views, history and, of course, world-famous Jim Beam® Bourbon. You will see the bourbon-making process firsthand and witness what goes into creating an authentic liquid legend. You will have an up-close and personal look into the long lineage of the First Family of Bourbon, their business, and its impact on Kentucky and the bourbon industry. You will come as a friend and leave as family.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Pennsylvania
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 291 helpful votes
“Rip-off!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We drove quite a distance because the AAA book said admission was "free" and included a film about the bourbon-making process at the Tourist Center, a replica of an old tobacco barn, rackhouses where bourbon is aged in barrels, and the historic 1911 Beam family home. When we arrived on the site the only thing "free" was the store and 2 small open sheds. There was no film, no old tobacco barn, no Tourist Center (just the store/Stillhouse), the family home was not open, and the rackhouse was not open without a ticket. When I inquired about this at the front desk a very snippy young lady grabbed the AAA book out of my hand and took a picture of the description stating the information was not updated, even though it was the 2013-14 latest edition. She appeared annoyed with AAA. She seemed annoyed in general, as I had heard her earlier say to a colleague, "I thought I'd be out of here by now!" Her customer service skills were non-existent. All she wanted to do was sell me a ticket for the tour. I wish I could rate this place a "0" because of the way I was treated. They just want your money.

Visited November 2013
6 Thank LouisePennsylvania

• Polish first
NY
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great tour, taste at the end”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

There we were driving through Kentucky, Beautiful country side, wish we had more time, But time is limited, we had to pick one distillery, Karen saw one on Trip advisor that was supposed to be THE one to go to, but I said if we only get to go to one, them I rather go to one I know off, heard of, So Jim Beam it was. Hey if we had more time I would have loved to go to the other one too,
I do not regret it & Karen is not a drinker & I don't think she regrets it & guess what she did the taste testing at the end :-)
Mind you UNlike Coke a Cola in Atlanta the taste testing here was not unlimited.

Meantime the staff there was to kind, they could not have been kinder, to the woman who Karen called while I was driving to make sure we get into the 1 O'clock tour to our tour guide who not only was knowledgeable but was quite the looker too.

Not to worry there is a gift shop & I know I left lots of $$ there & I think Karen did her share too.
Brought home a bottle of Jim for myself & some stuff for others;

Besides the rush & need move on it was a real nice visit.
The weather was perfect the place was nice I could have looked around & hung out more,
So when you go, Enjoy !

Visited August 2013
1 Thank David Z
Chattanooga, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A good tour”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My family and I decided to stop here on a long road trip and it was well worth it. It was our first experience with the legendary Bourbon trail. Jim Beam is an American classic and the tour was fun and educational. Highlights include an educational tour telling us about each step in the distilling process, opportunity to bottle our own bourbon, tasting room and beautiful scenery around the place. the tour is 90 min and was worth it. I've been to other brewery and winery tours and this one was right up there.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Samir B
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“So much fun”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

On the Kentucky bourbon trail. Went to Jim Beam today. For $10 each we got a 90 minute tour of the whole distillery process. Our guide was Matt who was very cute and funny. He really explained the process of making bourbon and allowed us to participate at various stages. My husband got to partially fill a barrel with the distiller spirits. We both prepared bottles to be filled with Knob Creek single barrel bourbon. Of course we got to purchase our bottle if we wanted. And we did. It was a really fun day. Would not recommend it for children but we had a blast.

1 Thank NewboldBroad
Toronto, Canada
236 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 595 helpful votes
“What a tour!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I went on the Jim Beam as a whim as it is located just off the interstate between Louisville and Nashville. It is a superb tour! Our tour guide Erica was fun, had a ton of information and kept the tour going at a decent pace. You can expect the tour itself to take about an hour and fifteen minutes followed by a tasting which is at your leisure. The facilities are all modern, the gift sho, washrooms and the smokehouse are all new. The tour is participant encouraged as you get to wah out a bottle of bourbon with, well, bourbon! You can buy this bottle you help to produce, it's cool! I got to pour some grains into the still, so in four years time I have to make another visit just to pick up a bottle of bourbon that I helped to make!! The history and the process of making a bottle of bourbon is so involved and is covered so well within the tour. You see the pride in the process and the willingness of the factory to allow for pictures really makes the tour all that much more endearing. For $11, the tour is well worth it even if you are not a drinker. Without a doubt, it is super worth it if you enjoy a bit of bourbon here and there. If you are in the Clermont area, do yourself a favour and enjoy the Jim Beam American Stillhouse tour, you will be hard pressed not have a great time!!

Visited October 2013

Been to Jim Beam American Stillhouse? Share your experiences!