“Excellent tour; good time!”

Jim Beam American Stillhouse
Bourbon Trail Tour to Jim Beam, Heaven Hill and Barton
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Clermont
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Visit the newly renovated Jim Beam American Stillhouse, and experience the two centuries of history, heritage and craftsmanship of America’s #1 bourbon. Nestled in the rolling foothills of Kentucky, the distillery offers something for everyone – picturesque views, history and, of course, world-famous Jim Beam® Bourbon. You will see the bourbon-making process firsthand and witness what goes into creating an authentic liquid legend. You will have an up-close and personal look into the long lineage of the First Family of Bourbon, their business, and its impact on Kentucky and the bourbon industry. You will come as a friend and leave as family.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator
Tipp City, Ohio
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Excellent tour; good time!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This tour was excellent. It was over an hour long. Very hands on. Visitors could add water to a barrel, smell "white whiskey," empty a barrel, and bourbon wash bottles on the bottling line. We visited on a holiday and they even started up the bottling line for us. The facilities on the grounds are excellent. They are very informative. Our tour guide Kyle was awesome and certainly knew his bourbon! The dispensing kiosks for the tasting was really cool; like a soft drink fountain. Two tastes of over 15 choices made it hard to choose though. Seemed like it was handicap accessible. Had a couple elevators that an elderly couple utilized on our tour.

1 Thank Amanda B

• Polish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“beautiful southern setting”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It was best southern setting. Whole premise has porch chairs, southern style cottages. We took self guided tour that explained whiskey making process through exhibitions. They offer 2 tastings. We really liked 9 year aged Knob Creek Rye Whiskey. Must stop if you like whiskeys.

1 Thank suMountainLover
Redford, MI
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Awesome tour - very hands on!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Let me start by saying, I am not really a drinker. This was a last minute add-on to our trip. Thankfully, we made a tour! They do sell out very quickly, You can book online at the website. If you know for sure you'd like to see this, I would recommend doing this! I felt the tickets were very reasonably priced. You take a tour of the facility where they brew. They take you through the entire process, and let you touch the grains, add grains, smell the low and high wine, sample a fresh barrel of bourbon, and even rinse bottles! The tour was awesome, and very informative. The only downfall was there were children. I really didn't think it was appropriate, and they were kind of obnoxious, because they really didn't care how Bourbon is made.

We also go to see the warehouse (9 stories) where they store the Bourbon. Wow, that was a real eye-opener!! Finally, the tour concluded with a tasting. Our tour guide lead us through the "proper" way to sample Bourbon. (Since I am not a drinker, this was actually really helpful to me). Other people have complained about the lack of "personal contact" with this part of the tour, but I appreciated being able to take my card and figure out what I wanted by myself. If someone was hanging around the whole time, I wouldn't have sampled anything. Our tour guide was there the whole time and answered any questions we had.

Awesome tour, and I hope to go back again!!

1 Thank Leetlestar
Charlotte, North Carolina
146 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“Worth a Stop!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is the closest distillery to Louisville so if you don't want to take the entire trail then this is the best option for you. Call ahead because they don't run tours all the time like Makers. They have built a brand new facility since the last time I was here and it i a huge upgrade. Very nice but the tasting was super lame. They don't explain anything about their bourbon there is just taps where you get 2 samples from. When I Stopped last time there was 4 samples and they explained about each bourbon.

Visited June 2013
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 234 helpful votes
“Great way to pass a couple hours!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic tour, we enjoyed ourselves very much.
Our guide, Christy, did a great job of keeping us entertained and making us feel at home.
Learned a lot and had fun! A bargain for 8 bucks!

Visited June 2013