“Awesome tour - very hands on!”

Jim Beam American Stillhouse
Bourbon Trail Tour to Jim Beam, Heaven Hill and Barton
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Clermont
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Visit the newly renovated Jim Beam American Stillhouse, and experience the two centuries of history, heritage and craftsmanship of America’s #1 bourbon. Nestled in the rolling foothills of Kentucky, the distillery offers something for everyone – picturesque views, history and, of course, world-famous Jim Beam® Bourbon. You will see the bourbon-making process firsthand and witness what goes into creating an authentic liquid legend. You will have an up-close and personal look into the long lineage of the First Family of Bourbon, their business, and its impact on Kentucky and the bourbon industry. You will come as a friend and leave as family.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Redford, MI
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Awesome tour - very hands on!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Let me start by saying, I am not really a drinker. This was a last minute add-on to our trip. Thankfully, we made a tour! They do sell out very quickly, You can book online at the website. If you know for sure you'd like to see this, I would recommend doing this! I felt the tickets were very reasonably priced. You take a tour of the facility where they brew. They take you through the entire process, and let you touch the grains, add grains, smell the low and high wine, sample a fresh barrel of bourbon, and even rinse bottles! The tour was awesome, and very informative. The only downfall was there were children. I really didn't think it was appropriate, and they were kind of obnoxious, because they really didn't care how Bourbon is made.

We also go to see the warehouse (9 stories) where they store the Bourbon. Wow, that was a real eye-opener!! Finally, the tour concluded with a tasting. Our tour guide lead us through the "proper" way to sample Bourbon. (Since I am not a drinker, this was actually really helpful to me). Other people have complained about the lack of "personal contact" with this part of the tour, but I appreciated being able to take my card and figure out what I wanted by myself. If someone was hanging around the whole time, I wouldn't have sampled anything. Our tour guide was there the whole time and answered any questions we had.

Awesome tour, and I hope to go back again!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Leetlestar

• Polish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
146 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“Worth a Stop!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is the closest distillery to Louisville so if you don't want to take the entire trail then this is the best option for you. Call ahead because they don't run tours all the time like Makers. They have built a brand new facility since the last time I was here and it i a huge upgrade. Very nice but the tasting was super lame. They don't explain anything about their bourbon there is just taps where you get 2 samples from. When I Stopped last time there was 4 samples and they explained about each bourbon.

107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 234 helpful votes
“Great way to pass a couple hours!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic tour, we enjoyed ourselves very much.
Our guide, Christy, did a great job of keeping us entertained and making us feel at home.
Learned a lot and had fun! A bargain for 8 bucks!

2 Thank Mjldly
Cornwall, Canada
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 207 helpful votes
“Scenic and Tasty”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was our seventh distillery on the KYbourbontrtrail and we simply could not go on another tour, though this one boasts to be the best at 1.5 hours in length. We elected instead to go for the tasting which turned out to be a tour in itself. Tickets are given in the main store and we took the "stillivator" to the top floor where we walked a short distance to the tasting house. This place is high tech tasting where you will be given a chip card and given a choice to sample any two of 15 types of Bourbon, from plain blends to single barrel creations. Each shot is measured to the same level, enough to savour the flavour and do some real taste test comparisons. We now know which one we each really like...no more guessing. The place as virtually empty and the hostess was really helpful in explaining the different products very clearly. I think we will have to return to take the full tour when our legs recover from our two day trip of 7 distilleries in Kentucky.

2 Thank olegar31
Blairsville, Georgia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Skip this one”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

If you want to go on a tour, make sure you make a reservation. The self-guided tour is completely useless. You see nothing of facility. The tasting is equally disappointing. Although they have several fine products, you're only allowed to taste two. The previous reviewer was correct. It is very impersonal. You get a tasting snifter, a card with a description of the beverages, and a card to insert a machine for the tasting. You don't even get to keep the snifter. I would've gladly paid a few extra dollars to be able to get a case of a few other beverages, the snifter not being that important