“2nd time and both times were great!”

Kathy's Country Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Clay City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Danville, ky
“2nd time and both times were great!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My sister lives in this town and I love this little restaurant. The only down side is they allow smoking but I didn't realize this until I seen someone light up. You could not detect the smoke nor did it smell like cigarettes. The food and the service are outstanding. I come from a long line of great southern cooks. But I don't think I have ever had such tasty fried green tomatoes. I would pay for their recipe.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Vestfamily

“Country Cookin' Like Memaw used to make!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

After my family and I spent the day at Natural Bridge, we stopped here to eat for supper and we are so glad we did!! The service was pretty fast for how busy they were, and so very nice. Kept us up on refills, and brought some biscuits for us while we were waiting!
The food was just perfect in every way! I could see them cooking my steak (on special) right there on the grill in the parking lot! -felt just like home!! Salads were crispy and fresh, and the potato cakes were as big as my fist!! The kids loved their food, they even brought theirs out (grilled cheese) before ours so it wouldn't get cold, and they were hungry!- I love that in a restaurant!! We didn't have no room for dessert because their portions were so big, and all for a small price!! I can't even remember the last time we went out to eat, got great service, yummy food, left with our bellies all full and a generous tip, and a goody ( I had to buy this pumpkin spice potpourri!! the smell was sooooo goooood for fall!!) all for under $50!!!!!!
If we are anywhere near Clay City as we venture out on our day trips, we will most certainly stop by here again!!
Oh, and the bathrooms were awesomely decorated like an outhouse! And in the ladies, there was a hand scrub that made my hands so soft my hubby and I held hands all the way home!!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Goofylynn2003
Waterloo, Ontario
“Home Country Cooking”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is a fairly large size place in a small mini mall along the Highway. The food is all home cooking and local. The special of the day was beef ribs and they were great. The baked sweet potato came with cinnamon whipped butter, it was excellent. Lots of choices for salads and breads and great prices. There was no carpet on the floor, rather odd and people were smoking in the main part of the restaurant, not usual nowadays. But a great experience.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank WalterKelly
Mansfield, Arkansas, United States
“Downhome cookin'”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were in Clay City visiting family over a weekend in June 2012. We stopped in at Kathy's on a Sunday after church. It was very busy. We did have to wait awhile but only because every table was full. When we were seated, our drink order was immediately taken and drinks brought. We ordered and our food arrived fairly quickly for how busy it was. The fried green tomatoes were cooked to perfection. All the food was good. Our drink glasses were continually filled. Our waitress was very nice and came by to see if we needed anything several times even as busy as she was. We enjoyed our time at Kathy's Country Kitchen and will stop in again the next time we visit Clay City.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank JesuslvsJoy
paintsville
“best fried green tomatoes ever!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

the food is outstanding. we drive an hour to eat there.

• Visited July 2012