“Not bad...especially for Central City”

Best Western Central City
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Central City
EVERYWHERE
“Not bad...especially for Central City”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Hmmmmm, for Central City, pretty good. Nice, clean room. Very nice and friendly staff. Free breakfast......well, not bad for Central City. Nothing to get excited about, but unlike that sty down the street called the convention center inn, you can have more that one orange juice. Overall, a recommened place to stay in Central City, Ky.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Best Western Central City, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Hi JOHNRECERT,

I would like to first thank you for rating our property. Any form of review is great in my opinion. I am glad to see that you took the time to review your stay and provide me with helpful feedback. I am happy to see that we rank highly amongst our competitors in Muhlenberg County. I wish there was more that we could have done to garner a more upbeat review, but as I stated before, any feedback makes me happy.
We hope to see you in your future travels to Muhlenberg County!!

Thanks,
Brittany Gordon, Asst. General Manager
Best Western PLUS Venture Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
LondonJames2050
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Having stayed at the San Simeon the rooms here were a disappointment. The main luxury here was the bed. The room and bathroom were dated. The reception were welcoming and helpful. Breakfast and WIFI good. The place does shake when a train goes by but not many did. Location good for the Main Street and 101.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
bwcentralcityky, General Manager at Best Western Central City, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Hi LondonJames2050,

First, I must apologize for taking so long to post this response. I recently became able to respond to guests and am taking this time to do so. Thank you for sharing your experience for our eventual guests. I'm sure that your feedback, along with many others, is considered every time someone logs onto this site.
I see where you noted that our rooms were a bit dated. Although we can't offer the exact same amenities and comforts as the Best Western PLUS Cavalier Oceanfront Resort in San Simeon, California, we do strive to stay true to our Best Western descriptor of a PLUS hotel. We have drastically improved since your last stay. We have gone though renovations and added more to our breakfast menu. The next time you find yourself in the Central City area, be sure to stop by!

Thanks,
Brittany Gordon
AGM Best Western PLUS Venture Inn
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Arrived for a one night layover and drove in to Best Western. They had a room available to under $100 so I took it. Front desk was kinda rude as she had to type in my Norwegian street address, but it didn't bother me.

Room was standard. Big and clean. Internet was good.

The hotel have entrances, one up front and one in the back. My room was on the 2nd floor, just near the stairwell. If you can, avoid this room as I heard the slamming of the door several times during the evening (but not during the night).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Franko76
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We turned up to what was your typical Drive up hotel and wasn't expecting a great night, what with the rail and the 101 right behind our room, BUT room was freshly renovated, sound proofing from the rail and road was unbelievable, if you didn't look out the window you wouldn't know, great comfy bed and pillows, great night sleep

• Stayed September 2011
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed October 16, 2010

I arrived at 1000 am and couldnt check out till 800pm girl at desk said thats no problem...room was clean bed was comfy ...they tried to keep me away from the rooms that were being cleaned so it would be quiet since I was sleeping in the daytime...people were nice ...truck parking lot behind bldg...restaurant next door....really nice place I will stay here again if I am ever back in this area....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank teamster175
Lake Como, NJ
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Friends and family had the opportunity to visit " newly found friends" who live in Cenrtal City. None of us had ever been to Kentucky and we had no idea what to expect. We were all pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of staff at the hotel and their eagerness to answer our questions. The hotel is fairly new and was clean and had all the ammenities needed for a short 3 day stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Louisville
Reviewed October 11, 2007

Other than the sleepless night and the unresponsive front desk, the place is ok. The room was not that clean and the air condition quit working at 3AM. The apathetic response from the front desk was “I know, they all do it, and we don’t know why. You can open your window if you want.” Where as I did, however I was lulled into non-sleep to the sounds of a Semi-Tractor engine idling and the local talent checking the grip of their tires periodically. I do not recommend this Hotel.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The ability to get a restful sleep.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank OnTheRoadBob
Comfort Inn & Suites Madisonville
Super 8 Central City
Super 8 Central City
#2 of 3 in Central City

Been to Best Western Central City? Share your experiences!