“disapointed”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Central City
Erlanger
“disapointed”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We came 4 hrs to have a relaxing evening and enjoy your pool but after checking in and getting ready to go swimming. We found out the pool was closed do to some problems. Also wanted bottom floor and reserved it the prior day but had to stay up stairs. I was disapointed overall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

BethGidcumb, General Manager at Super 8 Central City, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. All comments positive or negative give us a opportunity to improve our service. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I needed a hotel in this area for a business trip and the selections around there are lean to say the least. I chose this location based on the reviews. This a good, clean hotel and for a Super 8, I would have to say it's one of their best. Of course as with most Super 8's, there's a lot of construction workers utilizing the property, so I hope they keep up their level of cleanliness and service. I will be back in the area to complete my business in mid-January and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

BethGidcumb, General Manager at Super 8 Central City, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. We opened in 2001 and take pride in keeping our hotel looking new and our guest comfortable . Thank you again.
Somerset, Kentucky
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed here for the opening day of muzzle loading (deer) season for my husband's birthday present. Personally I don't hunt (just scout) so this was a very pleasant stay for me, especially to kick back and relax in the room once he was off hunting. The rooms were nice and looked fairly recently renovated. Floors and furniture were clean and up to date. And overall the room size was a lot bigger than expected. One con was no microwave. Our leftovers from supper went to waste and when I got my breakfast plate full and back to my room where I wanted to enjoy it alone with a good book it was a tad bit cold. It would've been nice to have been able to heat it up.

I picked this hotel to enjoy the indoor pool but to be honest I didn't get the chance. The morning hours were within an hour of check-out and we were so exhausted after scouting it just didn't matter then. I must say however, that it looked clean and well maintained, but small. The fitness room was extremely small with only (I believe) 2 pcs of equipment in it. It was within walking distance of a very good Mexican restaurant and gas station/store. The continental breakfast was of equal value to the typical hotel with decent variety and good taste. Trays for the guests to take their food back to the privacy of their room would've been nice. One plus was that it was available at 5:30 am. They also were very nice to let us check in well before the 3pm check in time which was really great.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We do offer some rooms with microwaves please call in advance when coming to town we will do our best to accommodate you! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Central City, Kentucky
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Once again the Super 8 of Central City, KY did not disappoint. Nice rooms, good breakfast, and excellent staff. The staff made sure I had everything in the room that was need and went out of their way to help my elderly parents while they were there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your continued business, we appreciate you !
Have a Super Day!
Beaver Dam Inn
Beaver Dam Inn
#2 of 2 in Beaver Dam
Comfort Inn & Suites Madisonville

Been to Super 8 Central City? Share your experiences!