“An acceptable reasonably price motel.”
Review of Days Inn Cave City

Days Inn Cave City
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Cave City
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is an older refurbished facility that certainly meets the standards for a Quality Inn. Our room was clean, bedding and towels satisfactory, and beds themselves quite comfortable. Lighting in the vanity area, a personal pet peeve, was very adequate. Condition of the room was good with the exception of the tile in the bath area which could use some additional work. Although I did not use it, the pool area was clean and well maintained. Breakfast was typical with food items served at the correct temperatures. Landscaping is still a bit rough but not an issue for me. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Debbie P, General Manager at Days Inn Cave City, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for your nice comments. We continue to make improvements to our hotel and your feedback helps us with that process. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed there by myself in Feb 2013 and altho' it looks very new outside however, there was a piece of floor trim missing where the tile met the carpet and made a tripping hazard and the ceiling in the bathroom had been wet and poorly repaired so there was black mold there. I gave them a break and come back.

This time I was with 2 adult daughters and when they open their bed they found a blood stain on the sheet. I thought it was a fresh yellowed pecker print but they thought it was blood stain that had been washed. It looked bad and I went to the front to complain. My opinion - this place just really doesn't want to meet customers expectations.

More: The pool didn't open til' 10am despite the sign saying open at 9am.. And it was hot outside. Plus breakfast is over at 9am (on weekends?? why not 10am). Anyway, after breakfast there is nothing to do until the pool opens at 10am. Again, just bad management that doesn't care to meet customers expectations.

Room Tip: Expect a "value" priced room with management that may have standards below yours and mine.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I'm picky about where I lay my head and I had no issue with staying here! Clean room! Updated linens! Newly remodeled! The beds were very comfortable with nice pillows. Breakfast wasn't impressive but it was ok. Lack of parking near room! Otherwise, great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank AdoptionMom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is the cleanest hotel of this kind I have ever stayed in. The beds seemed new, bedding was plush. We were going to stay across the street but then we saw a sign for a walk-in rate here that was a better deal so I asked to see a room. The desk clerk was also the head maid and she is great at what she does. The only thing wrong was that the wifi did not work at all. We were told they called the company and it was not fixed yet. The breakfast was wonderful for this kind of hotel! I would definitely stay here again. This hotel has no interior corridor and I usually avoid those places but we had no problems when we stayed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side have parking right at the door but the front side do not.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Not too terrible of a stay. Wifi worked half the time and the newness of the remodel makes a lot of the establishment smell like smoke. Offers a good military rate and the manager(s) on duty were very helpful. Odd little tidbit though: Disney channel not offered with the cable in the rooms. Not a major deal, considering we were to do stuff and not watch t.v.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2012

First off, I will say I've stayed here before and had an ok stay, but I can't say I didn't have complaints. Libby smelled like cigarettes, wifi only worked in half the building, and pool was closed after boasting about it on their website. Came through again today and decided to give it try again... At 8:45 pm, out of the whole building, no rooms were clean and apparently did not have anyone to clean them. What's the point of having check out times and check in times for guests if you are not going to clean in between those times?

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 30, 2012

THis property was formerly a Kinghts Inn - a chain that I'd NEVER reccomend or even consider staying at my selft. Looks like from the reviews taht this became a choice property sometime in 2012., and they are really making an effort with the hotel.
Room was newly remodeled - furniture, carpet, drapes, tv, even new doors.
THe only downside was that the pool was closed because they were having trouble getting it running again (had been shut for 5 yrs according to desk lady) and it just happene to be the hottest day of the year - over 100 degrees. But it shows the commitment that the owners are putting into the property.
breakfast had eggs, two types of sauasage, and frech toast sticks in addtion to the expected pastries, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, yogurt etc....
front desk ladies were very friendly and helpful.

For the price, compared to other properties at that location, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Quality Inn & Suites Horse Cave
Knights Inn Horse Cave
Knights Inn Horse Cave
#1 of 3 in Horse Cave

Been to Days Inn Cave City? Share your experiences!