“Fine for the price and good breakfast” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City

Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   807 Mammoth Cave Street, Cave City, KY 42127 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Cave City
Western Kentucky
“Fine for the price and good breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I must say that although this hotel could use some cosmetic work we had a good stay. Our room was acceptably clean and although sheets were recently cleaned (bleached), they probably should be replaced soon due to some small stains. This is a great location I would love to see them do some upkeep. It doesnt need anything major. Breakfast was a very pleasant surprise. I have seen complaints in some reviews but the food was great. It was a little crowded in there waiting for the microwave, but they had sausage biscuits, bagels, egg patties, eggo waffles, cereal, etc. It was very filling and I enjoyed mine by the beautiful blue pool. We will probably stay here again and hope some of the minor things are updated next trip. This place has so much going for it, I hope they will not let it deteriorate. Check in girl Marcie was very nice as was the gentleman that checked us out. Thank you for a good night's sleep! I usually don't sleep well away from home. That is a plus.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer G
Jay P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We value all reviews and comments from our guests, this lets us know any area's we may need improving in. We hope you will be back to stay on your next trip to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hernando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I don't usually stay in EconoLodges, but ended up at this one after a long, tiring day on the road with my 90-year-old mother. The clerk at the front desk, Marcie, made sure we had a ground-floor room, gave us the AAA rate adjustment that had been missed when we called the corporate 800 number to reserve the room, and then fixed the in-room refrigerator (which actually wasn't broken; it was just new and exceptionally quiet, a big plus when I was sleeping later!)
I have allergies and sensitivities to scents, which is why I usually stay in "better" hotels. But this room was very, very clean, and there was no stuffiness or residual smells from room deodorizers, carpet-fresh, or anything else.
The continental breakfast was more than satisfactory, especially for the very low room rate, and check-out was quick and friendly. I don't often get to Kentucky, but if I am ever in that area again, I will definitely stay at this EconoLodge.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Heather N
What an awesome review for your stay with us. It is always encouraging to the staff to know that they have made our valued guests like you have an enjoyable stay. We look forward to being your hotel of choice anytime you are in our area
Cave City, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

This is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at in my life. There's a reason it's the cheapest -- because it's dirty and, well, cheap -- don't let anyone con you into staying here due to the price. Hardest beds ever. I had to use spare pillows to sleep on to get three hours of sleep before being woke up by a lawnmower, cutting grass that looks like it is cut every day. I'm thinking it is their wake up call to guests that need to check out. Too bad I wasn't wanting to stay only one day in Cave City.

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank MrsWallbanger
Cave City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The room seemed recently remodeled although the bathroom was definitely over looked. Nice enough , average price, quiet when we stayed there but don't plan on filling up on the complimentary breakfast

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail. I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Well at first entry I thought "It's not that bad"

Then stepping out of my shoes and on to the carpet I noticed it was damp. There wasn't an odor, so I assumed perhaps they had cleaned it (and perhaps they had).

Pulling down the bed covers they did appear to be clean, but the blankets (polyester) had been laundered so many times that they were literally melted .

I was still trying to convince myself (and girls) that I hadn't made a critical error in this midnight stop...unfortunately once I moved my pillows I realized there was indeed no fitted sheet and that a flat sheet had been thrown over what could only be termed as a felt pad that didn't fit the bed, or hide the deep brownish red stain I was about to lay on.... not going to say what the stain was, but I had my thoughts as I am sure that you do as well.

Completely gross, with minor updating and some wise investing this hotel could actually be greatly improved (that's why it is getting two stars and not one) proper bleachable bed linens w/ duvets, white cotton blankets and thick removable fitted mattress pads that can be bleached between guests would be a good beginning and would have made this stay closer to a four.

Everything else was reasonable for an Econo hotel, its just sad to see it neglected. The bed and bedding are the MOST important part of any hotel stay. If they aren't good, then the stay, no matter how much you want it to be a great deal just isn't.

Room Tip: Don't stop until the hotel says it has been fully remodeled keep driving...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Groveport, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We chose to spend one night here while traveling through because the price was low and the fall 2013 coupon book ad said it was newly renovated. That is not the case. The beds were worn, the carpet is filthy and looks like it hasn't been cleaned beyond a quick vacuum in a decade. The worst offender was the bathroom. The tile was buckling, poorly caulked with mold. The wallpaper was peeling and there were even cobwebs IN the shower. It is the quality I would expect from an old, run-down motel... Not one claiming new renovations.

Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and ongoing upgrades to the property. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.
Our commitment to investing in our property will continue this renovation to our guest rooms and public areas. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Hotel was close to everything is the only positive thing. The bathroom had black mildew/mold on the ceiling and the shower surround tile looks like a 5 year old applied the repairs with a caulk gun! I was afraid to take a shower for fear the tile would fall in the bath tub! When I told the front desk, He stated thats was their repair work and blew me off with a thank you come again attitude! Yeah I don't think so

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Jay P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We are very sorry that you did not have a good stay here with us. We are actually undergoing a full renovation and will have all of these problems solved very soon. Thanks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cave City
Hampton Inn Horse Cave
#1 of 3 in Horse Cave
4.0 of 5 stars 471 reviews
Quality Inn & Suites Horse Cave

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City? Share your experiences!