“Nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Cave City
Cave City
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The room seemed recently remodeled although the bathroom was definitely over looked. Nice enough , average price, quiet when we stayed there but don't plan on filling up on the complimentary breakfast

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Jay P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail. I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Well at first entry I thought "It's not that bad"

Then stepping out of my shoes and on to the carpet I noticed it was damp. There wasn't an odor, so I assumed perhaps they had cleaned it (and perhaps they had).

Pulling down the bed covers they did appear to be clean, but the blankets (polyester) had been laundered so many times that they were literally melted .

I was still trying to convince myself (and girls) that I hadn't made a critical error in this midnight stop...unfortunately once I moved my pillows I realized there was indeed no fitted sheet and that a flat sheet had been thrown over what could only be termed as a felt pad that didn't fit the bed, or hide the deep brownish red stain I was about to lay on.... not going to say what the stain was, but I had my thoughts as I am sure that you do as well.

Completely gross, with minor updating and some wise investing this hotel could actually be greatly improved (that's why it is getting two stars and not one) proper bleachable bed linens w/ duvets, white cotton blankets and thick removable fitted mattress pads that can be bleached between guests would be a good beginning and would have made this stay closer to a four.

Everything else was reasonable for an Econo hotel, its just sad to see it neglected. The bed and bedding are the MOST important part of any hotel stay. If they aren't good, then the stay, no matter how much you want it to be a great deal just isn't.

Room Tip: Don't stop until the hotel says it has been fully remodeled keep driving...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Groveport, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We chose to spend one night here while traveling through because the price was low and the fall 2013 coupon book ad said it was newly renovated. That is not the case. The beds were worn, the carpet is filthy and looks like it hasn't been cleaned beyond a quick vacuum in a decade. The worst offender was the bathroom. The tile was buckling, poorly caulked with mold. The wallpaper was peeling and there were even cobwebs IN the shower. It is the quality I would expect from an old, run-down motel... Not one claiming new renovations.

Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and ongoing upgrades to the property. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.
Our commitment to investing in our property will continue this renovation to our guest rooms and public areas. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Hotel was close to everything is the only positive thing. The bathroom had black mildew/mold on the ceiling and the shower surround tile looks like a 5 year old applied the repairs with a caulk gun! I was afraid to take a shower for fear the tile would fall in the bath tub! When I told the front desk, He stated thats was their repair work and blew me off with a thank you come again attitude! Yeah I don't think so

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Jay P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We are very sorry that you did not have a good stay here with us. We are actually undergoing a full renovation and will have all of these problems solved very soon. Thanks
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is well situated surrounded by lot of restaurants but it was really cleanliness.
Bathroom is dirty with low shower! !!
When requested an extra pillow we got it but with a condition (you should bring it back in the morning! !!)and it was very dirty that we couldn't use it
However I don't recommend it at all

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
Jay P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thanks for your comments, we will make sure we address our guests issues properly in the future. We are glad you had a good stay overall. Thanks again.
Morgantown, WV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here for one night over Labor Day weekend while visiting Mammoth Cave. Terrible decision.

In the first room, I found dried poop on the toilet floor and stained (dirty?) pillowcases. After I got those issues sorted out, I noticed beetles running around in the room. After arguing with the front desk clerk, he showed me other room options. It took the 3rd room he showed me to find one that was clean and was actually, truly non-smoking.

The last room seemed reasonably clean but the whole experience left a very bad taste in my mouth. The only reason I didn't push for fully comping the room was I used rewards points and decided I didn't want to damage my vacation further arguing over it.

The moral of the story: Find another hotel in Cave City because this one is bad.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
We sincerely apologize for the bad stay you had here. We are working with the housekeeping department and are resolving the issue. Thanks for giving us a heads up so we can make things right. Thanks again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Don't think to sleep in it only if the Black Bear runing after u .. If not so sleep in your car its most better .. Its to small .. tooo dirty .. toooooo expensive .. Even the bathroom its tooooo toooo small to take a shower.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
We are so sorry that did not have a great stay here. We strive to serve all of our customers to the fullest. We are under going a renovation right now and would love to show you our finished product when you return back to this area. Thanks.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cave City
Hampton Inn Horse Cave
#1 of 3 in Horse Cave
4.0 of 5 stars 471 reviews
Quality Inn & Suites Horse Cave

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City? Share your experiences!