“Great Steaks!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Ohio
“Great Steaks!”
Reviewed December 1, 2007

We ate at Sahara while visiting Cave City. It's close to the main drag, if you will, and way better than driving to Bowling Green, KY where all the chain restaurants are. This place is like eating at home, but better since you don't have to clean up! We got appetizers, mozerella sticks and mushrooms...hand battered and fried, great! The steaks are thick cut and cooked to order, and they include the soup and salad bar. I didn't have the soup, but it smelled delicious...Beef Vegetable Soup. The salad bar had all the salad fixins and other cold salads to boot. Bread/rolls come with dinner and they are great! You can have a baked potato, fries or steamed veggies...I got the steamed veggies and my husband got the baked potato (huge with lots of butter and sour cream!). The steaks were great, full of flavor and nice cuts of meat, we both got sirloins. For dessert, if you have room, I would recommend the Kentucky Silk Pie...my husband, however, enjoyed the Pecan Pie even more. The atmosphere is ok, but the food and the people there make this place great!

1 Thank NewfieGirl82