“One of the best deals I have ever seen.”
Review of Super 8 Cave City

Super 8 Cave City
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Cave City
Topeka, KS
“One of the best deals I have ever seen.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very convenient, clean, spacious, with a great pool and hot tub. We really enjoyed this place a lot, especially since we could park at our door. The young lady at the front desk was so personable and helpful when we checked in, as well. The breakfast was the usual fare. It has easy access to the highway and the cool souvenir places on the other side of the road. I would highly recommend this motel for its comfort and value.

Room Tip: We chose a room by the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SYLVIATOPEKA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were happy to find this hotel in such a convenient location. With Mammoth Cave so close I was surprised that there weren't more chain hotels located here. Our room was clean and comfortable and we liked being able to park right outside. I agree with Kristen C that the breakfast was sadly lacking. We travel a great deal and I have to say that this was the sorriest breakfast we have had. I guess they have no competition to motivate a better meal. The staff was very helpful and we would definitely stay here again with hopes that the breakfast would get better. The WiFi worked but it was sure slow!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barbgoodkin
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I am so glad my Grandson and I chose this motel...Can not say enough good things about it..Checking in was a breeze,Girl at front desk Verrrry courteous and informative.Our room was extremely CLEAN..Right off the interstate...but also very quite in our room. Convenient to all caves and other attractions.Price was reasonable...food was good..Mattress comfortable and that made for a good nights sleep..Do not hesitate to stay at this inn period!! Made our overnite and excellent experience...I have nothing negative to say...We did not use pool,but looked inviting:)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Patricia P
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My family and I recently stayed here for my son's GNCC race. We have traveled all over and I have to say that this place was one of the nicest! The rooms were clean and ALL of the staff were genuinely friendly and very helpful! Thank you to making our stay one of the best! The only reason I did not give 4 stars is the breakfast was not as good as that of other hotels we have visited. I would definitely take excellent service over a continental breakfast anytime!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kristen C
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a very solid choice for a cave area getaway. The hotel is very convenient to the interstate and all area attractions. It appears that it was recently renovated, and the building looks nice from the outside. The room was clean and comfortable. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is included and wasn't great, but I wasn't expecting it to be either. There are plenty of other breakfast options nearby if so desired. If you're looking for a budget motel to make your weekend headquarters, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank atlrascal
Manistee, Michigan
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had a very nice and clean room. The manager even came out and talked to us during breakfast. It was a nice, personal touch. We've always found Best Western to be reliably clean, this was no exception.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tonya W
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We got a GREAT deal on the room (thankfully). The location is only about 10 minutes from the park visitor center. When we went to check in, the person working the front desk tried to charge me for the room - even after we had already paid for it on hotwire.com. She called her manager to confirm, and refunded what we were charged. We got into the room, and discovered it was pretty small. It also smelled like mold - almost as if the roof leaked in the past. The bottom of the tub was filthy, and the sink did not work. I spoke with the manager (who doubles as the maintenance guy), and he changed the aerator in the faucet, but stated that the tub was as clean as they could get it. He offered to move us to a new room, but we declined (had to leave for a cave tour very soon, and the kids still had to eat). In the PM, we learned that the "free wifi" did not work. I called the tech line, and after assurances they would get it working.. they never did. The refrigerator and microwave are situated in the bathroom (gross). The toilet obviously leaks at the wax seal, as the grout all around the toilet was bleached out. It also had a wooden wedge jammed under one side to hold it level. The sink drain was partially clogged. When checking out, I found several large white pills (not ours) on the floor next to one of the beds. We had our kids with us - thankfully, nobody ingested any of them. You really do get what you pay for.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with young children, consider camping in the area, or paying the extra money fo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Horse Cave
Hampton Inn Horse Cave
#1 of 3 in Horse Cave
Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Been to Super 8 Cave City? Share your experiences!