“Good Price, GREAT Fun!”
Review of Guntown Mountain - CLOSED

Guntown Mountain
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My family and I have visited Guntown Mountain for years! My kids and I go usually once a summer and enjoy the entertainment up there. I love to ride the chairlift & see the beautiful scenery. The entertainers are great! I have seen some of them who must have been working there for several years! You can tell they enjoy their job! I will visit this place again!!

5  Thank NicoleH1618

Reviewed June 11, 2013

$36 - and what a waste of money. The NO CASH REFUND sign should have been my first tip off. Took the ski lift up the mountain and when my husband and I got there, we noticed 5 other people total in this attraction. (second tip off) There are 4 or 5 acts to see over the afternoon. But they are the same people with different shirts on for each show. We saw the shoot out, the can can girls and the opera house singing. The opera house singing was nothing more than a karaoke session. The young people working there were nice, but they all seemed to be there under protest. I don't think they enjoy being there. I wouldn't ! There is nothing to do but these shows and a hot dog stand. It's a shame, a big money grab. After every show - they ask for you to buy SOMETHING> drove me crazy. The different store fronts that are sad duplicates from the wild west days, are dirty and stinky. Please - save your money. The people that review this as a wonderful place to go, have to be plants !!!!

10  Thank donna k
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband & I and 5 &7 yr olds went to Guntown Mnt. because of the great reviews we read on trip advisor. Bad choice! It was $55.80 to get in. There was a sign posted that said "No refunds on admission, no exceptions" That should have warned us right there. You can't see the attraction from the parking area, you have to ride a ski lift that looked like it was installed in 1950 or take a golf cart to the top. The kids wanted to do the ski lift and we did make it w/o injury but I was a nervous wreck the whole time. There are 8-10 buildings, with hardly anything inside-a bank, a jail, an opera house etc. Most were dark, dirty and we had to open doors and go exploring because they weren't lit and inviting. We saw a "shoot out" and "hangin" take place that lasted 5 mins. and a stunt show that lasted 15. There was a magical medicine show to also take place but we'd had enough by then and left. There is only a snack bar, almost no shopping to speak of. We spent $55. to see 2 shows that lasted less than 30 mins. walked through the town and left. Very disappointing. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

13  Thank Heather S
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The place is a souvenier heaven if you like cheap Western souvenierThe town is neat. It looks like something out of an old Western flick! But the live gunfight show is incredible! I love it! And I am 46! It is loud but a lot of fun. Oh and the chair ride up is pretty cool too!.

4  Thank Jonc66
Reviewed November 27, 2012

kids love it, not expensive, and it is on the way to Mammoth Cave, and Jesse james riding stables are nearby...plenty to do in the area for the whole family

6  Thank BarbaraF52