“Good Family Fun”
Review of Dinosaur World

Dinosaur World
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Cave City
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife took our two daughters, ages 6 and 4, and they loved it. The dino walk was nice. It was well shaded under canopy of trees which was nice in 90 degree temperature. Exhibits were really neat. Kids loved the fossil dig. They get to keep 3 of their favorite fossils they find. The worker will explain to them what it is that they selected. The museum was pretty good getting to see some pretty nice fossils. The gift shop I thought was pretty reasonable comparing to other gift shops I've been to in various places. I can see us going back there again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Well, when we arrived in Cave City the first brochure that my kids put their hands on was Dinosaur World. They determined that this was a MUST STOP. They are 8 and 10. I was a little leery that, because of their ages, they may be a little bored, but they do love dinosaurs so I was willing to give it a shot.

The layout of the outside exhibits was really well done - loved how the exhibits were arranged to give you a great parting scene of the dinosaur age. A lot of shade keeps the trails "comfortable" even on a really hot day. I must say I expected cheesy...but it was WAY better than that.

My kids (and I) really enjoyed the outside exhibits and it was nice that they were able to read the signs in the museum. The fossil dig was geared for younger children...but they had fun with that too!

A great little place to visit!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Rain or shine, this place is awesome for kids and us big kids too! We have gone every year for the last 5 years! They have a really clean and well kept place/trails/gift shop! Really educational as well. "DIGGING for fossils" is kind of dorky, but the kids LOVE IT!!!!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I took our 3 kids here on a family vacation. All 3 enjoyed walking the trail to see the statues. The 16 year old girl kept taking pictures to tweet and text to her friends. The 8 year old boy pretended to be a tour guide and read the information off the signs to us. He and his 10 year old sister loved the fossil dig and excavation site. Everyone liked the movie, museum, and gift shop. We got here at opening and did everything in about an hour and a half. Call to find out times for the fossil dig.

1  Thank feistymama1971
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I felt it was overpriced for what it is for our family. With discounts it cost us $70 for our family of 7 (5 kids). For a smaller crew with a dino lover, you won't want to miss it.

Kids' favorite part was unearthing the dinosaur skeleton. At 11 and 12, and knowing it's not real, you would think they wouldn't care. They also enjoyed the fossil dig, where they brought home their 3 favorite pieces. A tip.... the amber is so small that the attendant let the kids keep several pieces and didn't count that in their allotted three.

Enjoyed the Dino walk, although note these are not animatronic. So if you've recently been to one of the newer dino exhibits that are popping up, it's not as exciting. The dinos are placed in the midst of foresty vegetation and some fantastic, especially those presented in herds.

The walk to the mammoths and "photosaurus" isn't nearly as long as it appears on the map handout. It's worth going to see. And while the signs indicate the trail is not appropriate for strollers and wheel chairs, we saw several families pushing strollers with small plastic wheels with little effort. A jogging stroller would be easier, but don't let it stop you from seeing the mammoths.

The entire walk is under forest canopy, so would be nicely shaded on a sunny day. It is a decent incline (down at the beginning and up at the end). Might be difficult after a day climbing steps in the caves. Plenty of benches to rest upon along the way.

Staff was extremely courteous and friendly.

Check out the bathrooms. Very clean and have amazing dino murals all around. Also has A/C, so quite refreshing on a hot August day.

2  Thank Donna P