Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM

HORTONVILLE
Great for young children

Reviewed September 7, 2018
DottieLu

All reviews fossil dig gem mining gift shop life size dinosaurs t rex small museum dinosaur trail take home picnic area loves dinosaurs dino walk nice playground great for kids year old son sand pit certain times gem mine
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

The family and I enjoyed our visit to Dinosaur World. The gift shop is huge and reasonably priced. It was raining when we arrived but there are a few indoor and covered activities which was nice. The walk through the dinosaurs goes along a concrete path making it stroller friendly. We plan to visit again when our son gets a little older.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Great fun for 3 yr old. Well kept and friendly service. Would be nice to have sounds effects (drown out the highway noise)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you have a dinosaur lover, I highly recommend!
My toddler had a blast, all I heard was "Look', 'Wow"
I loved that the dinosaurs statues was on a walking trail, we were the first ones in, and seen deer running around the exhibit.
Beautiful view

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not only the kids loved it but we did as well! Beautiful landscape. Very clean and affordable. Pet friendly is a huge plus!

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

My children (4, 9, 11) loved this place! Especially the 4 year old...his favorite part of vacation!!

1  Thank akhaeberle
Reviewed September 9, 2018

We took my three year old nephew for an early birthday present. He loves dinosaurs but was far from expressed with any of these dinosaurs unfortunately.

The exhibit is extremely dark inside which of course makes it hard to see the fossils and bones etc. There was also a musty smell inside from poor ventilation possibly. We weren't impressed with the few exhibits that they had on display.

The dinosaur statues out on the trail had a lot of different varieties. I understand they were probably going for a "nature" or "natural" theme but it was very overgrown with grass and weeds. The could have done a little maintenance around the park for the statues to be seen a little better.

The gem mining area wasn't open so we didn't get to do that. And apparently there is a Woolly Mammoth exhibit but it had started a torrential downpour to where we were completely soaked so we didn't see that part of that park.

Glad to say we did it to mark off the "bucket list" but definitely wont be visiting again.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

Our kids (5 & 8) loved this so much they wanted to go back another day. We probably could have spent longer here than we did (about 2 hours.) The dinosaurs are impressive. Our daughter enjoyed being our "tour guide" introducing each one. The "fossil dig" is ok. Be sure to buy the bag of sand/rocks to pan for gems. You get way more gems than you would expect. Each of our kids walked away with a couple dozen each of various sizes, colors and types.

1  Thank DaBearsWISC
Reviewed September 7, 2018

My husband, almost three-year-old and I visited Dinosaur World on our long weekend visit to Mammoth Cave. My son had a wonderful time. The dino trail, playground, and excavation site were his favorites. Because of his age, my son was free so we did not purchase tickets for the fossil dig or gem mining. We probably spent about 2 hours there total and if it weren't so hot, we would have lasted longer. I think this park is great for young kids, but I can see where older children may not be as impressed or could easily get bored.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful place to visit with young grandchildren or adluts. Very educational for young, middle aged, or senior folks. Nice walking area to visit over 200 exhibits

Reviewed August 27, 2018

This is, in my opinion, the only site worth seeing in cave city if you have kids (other than mammoth cave) We spent two nights at Yogi Bear and took one morning to check out Dinosaur World. The whole family loved it. The dino dig, the fossil find, the playground and the trail through the woods looking at all the life size dinos were amazing! TIP: wear bug spray or take it with you....we were eaten alive through the woods because I did not think to put any on us or bring it. The only reason this does not get a five star from me is because of the museum feature...needs an update. Great stop, totally worth it if you have young children or dinosaur lovers.

1  Thank Elaine T