“The boys loved this place!”
Review of Dinosaur World

Dinosaur World
Ranked #3 of 14 things to do in Cave City
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Ok, for the kids Dinosaur World ----gets a five star, but from a parent's point of view.... somethings can be better maintained. For example, the playground needs to be updated, there are no infant swings for the little ones and there is no shade while the kids play outside on the hot metal slides. A small snack bar would work too, but you can bring in food and drink so it's cheaper that way, I suppose. I think the playground should have more cool "dino-slides, dino playground stuff .... something." I think it's alittle lacking.

Again, my boys loved it! So, I gave this place a five star and though we will not probably return, I do recommend it.

Hope you enjoy!

in 5 reviews
"real fossils"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I had a free afternoon while completing some work in Cave City, Kentucky when I spotted a sign promoting “Dinosaur World”. It caught my interest and I thought what would I have to lose to drive over and see what they had to offer. Glad I did!

Once parked (plenty of parking at no cost) I purchased a ticket and began my self-guided tour of the grounds. I was really taken back by the life size reproductions of different dinosaurs. (over 150 to look at).
There is information pertaining to each type of dinosaur which makes the walk not only interesting but also informative.

Types of dinosaurs seen included Brachiosaurus, Chasmosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Spinosaurus, Stygimoloch and Triceratops. And let’s not forget Raptor’s and T-Rex.

It’s a fun experience for kids and adults alike. Enjoyable way to spend an afternoon. Here is their website.

2  Thank DrMarc9491
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Nice for Families of young children. They get to see the dinoasuars in their real life size. Each Dinosaur had a write up telling about the dinosaur.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

This was prompted by our 8-year-old granddaughter while in the Cave City, KY area. Two adults and one child cost around $50. What I gained as grandfather was the estimated actual size of many dinosaurs. They are placed in wooded/forested land which is nice on hot days. Small identification plaques give a brief description. However, the replicas are NOT near museum quality and leave a lot to be desired. It is an old attraction which needs a lot of updating such as animal/bird sounds playing along the trail and even "big" sounds in the big dinosaur areas.

The "fossil dig" is fun for kids who can find sharks' teeth, etc but its rather "hokey". Its a marginal recommendation as far as I am concerned. Impressive dinosaur along I-65 marks the "spot". The attraction is in desperate need of coming into the 21st century! Will add photos.

2  Thank amazonbufeo