“Good food - Great service”

Cracker Barrell Old Country Store
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Cave City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were camping at Mammoth Cave National Park and drove into Cave City to eat. Our waitress, Jamie G, was very pleasant and accommodating. She offered us coffee to take back with us to our campsite. My husband ordered the Country Boy Breakfast with pork chops. His plate arrived with enough food to feed two people, they gave him two big pork chops in addition to the rest of his food :) Restaurant was clean. I'm glad we stopped there.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We ate breakfast here after finding the Cream & Sugar Cafe closed. As with any Cracker Barrel restaurant, the service was excellent. The food was cooked perfectly. I had blueberry pancakes & my husband had a platter with a little bit of everything.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Cracker Barrell Restaurants are a favorite with my wife and I. This one was no exception. I was greeted and promptly seated, my meal was hot and delicious.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Nothing special except what you expect from Cracker Barrel- good food and service. We had breakfast here and it was consistent, if not a little better, than some others we have been to.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Last week my friend took me to one of our favorite places to eat. Neither of us had be to Cracker Barrell for a couple of months. Seated quickly since we had come between the breakfast rush and the lunch bunch. Server was very nice, we placed our order, waited a short time.
However, when the food was brought, the small portions of grits, gravy and other portions were
exactly (3) tablespoons of food. Excuse me, in all the years I have ordered the same dishes,
the bowls are usually overflowing. We brought this to the servers attention. She said that yes the prices have gone up and the portions are smaller. We could get bigger portions at the Denny's down the street.

She went to the kitchen and brought us each another small bowl. She also instructed us to order extra portions next time we come in. I said we shouldn't have to order extra, and that they would probably also charge us for extra portions. We also realized that normally we would have biscuits, cornbread and butter, jelly to eat on while waiting for meal. Didn't happen.

The experience just put a bad taste in our mouth. Thinking that we will probably find somewhere new to be our meeting place to eat, talk and laugh. Even on vacations, I will be trying other places instead.

We also noticed that others around us felt the same way.
It is truly sad that they have raised the prices (which didn't matter) until we realized the decrease in food portions, and service were very evident.