“It is what it is”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cave City
Wigwam Village Inn #2
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Cave City
West Palm Beach, Florida
“It is what it is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I found this online while planning our road trip. My son couldn't wait to stay here! We were passing through and only stayed one night, which was plenty. I was a bit concerned with the location and almost considered driving back to the highway and staying at newer hotel. Once we drove around and parked by our wigwam my son grabbed the key and ran inside. He returned a moment later to inform me (with the most serious face a 10 yr old could possibly make) that this was the absolute worst hotel he had every stayed in, in his entire life! It is definitely a piece of Americana and definitely circa 1930! But, the birch furniture was beautiful and in perfect condition. The place was worn, but clean and after I checked and found no bed bugs we decided to tough it out (because it is kinda cool to sleep in a wigwam) and unloaded our bags for the night. We went to Dinosaur World (worth it for younger kids) ate dinner @ Cracker Barrel and headed back to the wigam which started to grow on us. We decided to walk down to get ice cream @ Dairy Queen and when we got back another family had built a fire and invited us to join them. All of the wigwams were booked and the kids were running about in the grass playing. Another couple joined us with guitars and soon we were all singing camp fire songs and roasting marshmallows! What we thought was going to be a disaster turned out to be one of our most memorable nights, totally corny but we had a blast! The owner was slowly making renovations and I think with a little curb appeal it could really be awesome. You need to take it for what it is and just enjoy yourself :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Christy_In_Florida

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Rochester, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

When my friend and I arrived to our Wigwam, we giggled like school girls. It was fantastic,mostly because it gave "kitsch" new meaning and tacky is funny. If you are looking for a four star hotel or really a hotel experience in general, then keep driving. This hotel is like renting a cabin in the woods, an old cabin in the woods. THINK -cabin in Northern Michigan when you first open it up; there is dust,it needs to be cleaned and it isn't quite warm enough,but you are happy to be there.

That being said, I never once saw the owner, my key was left in the bucket and that is where I dropped it off. We hoped to go into the main tepee to buy tacky souvenirs, but the tepee was closed. Boooo. The Wigwam Hotel #2 has some serious potential, but it seemed like the owner bought a house that just happened to have tacky tepee sheds in its backyard. Thus, the owner is just making the best of the inconvenience of having multiple sheds in the yard.

That being said I would to it again in a heartbeat and I would bring shower shoes.I know this review doesn't sound that positive, but I loved it.

I realized we went to Wigwam Village #2 at the end of March and during the "off" season so maybe it would be less of a cabin experience and more dusted.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank hunterha
Shawnee, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I have a genuine appreciation for Americana, so we were really looking forward to our trip to this place. Several weeks in advance, I called and reserved a wigwam for 3 nights. First, in retrospect, one night would have satisfied our curiosity. It wasn't that we were expecting much; the 1930s atmosphere was what we were looking for. However, a little bleach to kill the mold in the shower wouldn't have killed the nostalgic effect. When we checked in, before we even got the key, we were told our credit card had been charged. We wanted to put the room on a different card than the one we used to reserve, but were told that it was not possible. But here's the kicker. We showed up as planned and paid for 3 nights in advance. We had to cancel the third night. We heard that a blizzard was heading for our home area, and we wanted to get home before it hit. When we took the key to the manager and told him we wouldn't be staying a third night, he told us that it was too bad, but we wouldn't be getting our 3rd night's room rate back. It seems they have a 3 day cancellation policy. Now, I can (sort of) understand that for people who make reservations and then never show up, but we had already been there for 2 nights. We were told we should have planned better. How can you plan around a March blizzard a month in advance? I would have let it go, but the manager did say, as we left, he'd make an exception in our case. Obviously their word is worth very little. I just spoke with him after 2 weeks, and he said he'd have to "investigate further". He refused to give me a yes or no answer -- which sounds like more evasion to get me off the phone. The money isn't going to make or break us. But I prefer to give my business to PROFESSIONALS who show some appreciation to the customers who took the effort to patronize them.

Room Tip: If you stay, bring an extension cord or an adapter. There are few outlets. We had to make a choice b...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank JWright9561

Travelers are raving about these Cave City hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Me and my wife did a cross country road trip for our honeymoon, and stayed at the Wigwam Village in Holbrook. It was superclean, nice staff, had a Native American performance, vintage cars strewn about, and overall an awesome experience. So when we were planning a trip to Cave City and saw there were Wigwams there, we jumped at the chance to stay.
The woman who checked us in barely spoke a word to us, and once we signed the pre-pay receipt, (should have been suspicious then) she pointed at a table with a bunch of keys on it and said, "thirteen". So I sorted through the keys and found ours. Once entering the wigwam, we were horribly disappointed. We are definitely not neat freaks, nor run of the mill continental breakfast boring hotel types, but this offended us. Paint was chipped and blackened, wallpaper peeling, tiles broken and missing, tv remote didn't work, toilet constantly ran, bedspread was very old and stained, and as with others mentioned, the tiny portable heater, and a mattress that was terrible. I then ran into the owner who when I told him of my dissapointment, said, "oh it's historic, you can go somewhere else but not going to be like this, is historic." I politely told him that we wouldn't be staying two nights, and if he could refund me the second night we'd stay that evening, which to his credit he did.
For all the owner's talk on the website about its historic nature, it's really dissapointing to see this treasure not kept up. The playground and grounds overall were run down, and even the main historic office wasn't in use and looked bare and unkempt. If we hadn't been to the one in Holbrook, I suppose we wouldn't have known the difference, but seeing a comparison made the experience all the worse. My advice is, if you want to stay in a Wigwam, go to the one in AZ. They do it right and are keeping the tradition alive. The owners here at Cave City don't seem to care, and are the reason why places like this can't stay open anymore.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Walter B
Breda, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I so wanted to LOVE the wigwam village. It's a neat concept but unfortunately the property is not well cared for. As other reviews have mentioned, there was mold in the bathroom, which I'm fairly certain made me sick. The beds were ancient, falling apart, and sank when any weight was put on them. As we were there in the winter, staying warm was a concern but the space heater at least was sufficient for such a small room. Check in was confusing because the office was in a house to the side of the property. So, although the idea of staying here was appealing - actually staying here was not.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank vashka0310
Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Romm was full of cob webs. Mold on walls in room & bathroom. Mold very thick around heater coils. Heater did not work. They did provide a VERY small heater for the room. Had to leave after only 15 minutes due to the quantity of mold and ended up in the Emergency Room due to the amount of mold. Then they charged my credit card after we left a message on their answering machine as no one was in the office. Since no one was there we could not move rooms or advise of the problem. We will NEVER stay here again & will not refer them to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Cherrie H
Bristol, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

This place was everything we'd hoped for. A very unique and beautiful place to stay. I don't understand some of the reviews I read. It had the original furnishings. It was was clean. And the owners were very nice. Highly recommended over a bland (and way more pricey) modern hotel if you are interested in Americana and roadside attractions. Lots of interesting things to see and do in the area, too. Kind of reminded us of Gatlinburg without the extreme commercialism. Plus, Kentucky is a beautiful drive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Park City
Hampton Inn Horse Cave
Hampton Inn Horse Cave
#1 of 3 in Horse Cave

Been to Wigwam Village Inn #2? Share your experiences!