“BEWARE!!! HORRIBLE! EAT HERE IF YOU WANT TO WAIT FOREVER FOR YOUR ORDER.”
Review of Joe's Diner - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Description: American Food; Diner
Description: American Food; Diner
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My family and I stayed in Cave City yesterday and decided to eat at Joe's diner despite the horrible reviews. I LEARNED MY LESSON!!! Our entire experience was terrible. We came in and seated ourselves in the front because people were drinking and smoking in the back part. We decided on our choices and put in are orders only to wait FOREVER. We finally looked to see what was taking the cook so long since there were only a few other people there and he hadn't even started our food. He was preparing one item at a time!!!!!!!!! Then when we did finally receive our food it was almost an hour later. We ordered 2 rootbeer floats (the menu said they came in a frosted mug) Nope...they came in a styrofoam cup and only had one or two bites of icecream. They were over $3 bucks a piece. Uh no thanks. Then when we complained the waitress had the nerve to argue. The whole place was a joke-we even saw a couple cancel their order. Then when my mother went to pay her bill they rang it up wrong 3 times...each time adding on more money. She finally paid before they tacked on any other extra costs. The owner, cook, and servers did not care. It STUNK!!!!!!!!

1  Thank shifty_travels

Reviewed July 24, 2012

The Joe Diner website gave me a very different impression of the restaurant compared to its reality. Kind of grubby in not a charming way. Limited menu. My grilled cheese (I ordered safe) was "off" and all I could figure was rancid fry oil. My kid wouldn't eat his grilled cheese either and my husband confirmed the funk there. Cheap prices though. And I got the impression they were a work in progress.

Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

On our way to mammoth cave, decided to get a bite to eat. This place was ranked #5 out of 8 places noted. We planned to hit #1 for breakfast so chose to try Joe's out. I'm not sure where our waitress was from in the world, but she had a very deep European accent, she was pleasant, but we had a hard time with our order.The tops of one of the booths was coming off of the table itself. Not to get away from the fact that the tables were dirty, none of the games worked, a few napkins in the napkin holder and no ketchup in the bottles on the table. The food sorry to say was not very good, the menu was basic burgers, fries and shakes. Lastly the price was high given the fact that we could have gone to Wendy's and gotten a much better lunch for $25 less:(

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Had checked the website the day before we were to go and had a question so I called. The number was no longer in service but there was a second number and I was able to leave a message. Then checked Trip Advisor and saw that it had closed. Asked at the hotel and was told that it was closed but they didn't know why or if it would open again.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Went by on a Sunday and it was all closed up. Had a sign in the drive said it was closed....but the website said it was open on Sundays?? So I'm not for sure if it was closed for good or not. It looked run down so who knows. So if you plan on eating there have a backup plan just incase.