“Good place in Cave City”
Review of El Mazatlan

El Mazatlan
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Cave City
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Quesadilla and steak are both quite good. Also the ice tea and beer. Chips are classic. Only problem is there are too much flys and ants flying in the ourdoor area. We escaped right after finishing the dinner...

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great atmosphere, service and food. Wait staff was very cordial. Easy walk from Motels if you are fully functional.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed outside Cave City to visit Mammoth Cave. El Mazatlan was recommended to us by the B&B owner as being clean and having good food. I had also seen the reviews on TripAdvisor, but this place clearly exceeded our expectations for a restaurant in a small town. They had a very nice variety on the menu and everything we had tasted great. None of the four of us remembered eating in a Mexican restaurant that was better. The service was also great, the price was reasonable and the quantities were copious. My wife and I had a special for two people and had all we wanted for dinner and took home enough for another meal. The dish had shrimp, chicken, beef and ribs along with peppers, onions, rice, beans, guacamole and sour cream which were all very good. I wish we had them in our hometown!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The restaurant was clean and the service was great. Food was excellent and we plan on going back here to eat when in the area.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My family and I visited Mammothj Caves from Cincinnati and we went here for my birthday, and for a mexican place in the middle of rural KY I was impressed. Pitcher of strawberry margarita was excellent, food was great, and service was fast and excellent. Restroom was clean as well.

1  Thank Bryan D