“Nice place”

Mammoth Cave Wildlife Museum
Ranked #8 of 14 things to do in Cave City
More attraction details
Owner description: This zoo features the exotic and ferocious, including the big cats - lions, tigers, and the ultra-rare snow leopard - as well as birds, insects, and marine life.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Nice place to visit. All the exhibits were in great shape. Great little place to go if you need to kill an hour or two

1  Thank donna k
There are newer reviews for Mammoth Cave Wildlife Museum

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was a wonderful exhibit to view while waiting for our tour. Very interactive if you take the time!

1  Thank SunnyM
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I've been going to the wildlife museum since I was about 6 years old so 22 years now. Haven't been in probably 11 years or so and decided to take a day trip with my 3 1/2 year old today to cave city. He loved it! Everything is the same as I remember it from going as a child. Also the lady at the front desk only charged me the adult admission even though I told her my child was 3. So $8 total for us to get in. My husband saw the pics I took and now he can't wait to go with us!

1  Thank puglover1984
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Older kids probably wouldn't get much out of this, but my boys really enjoyed the animals when they were younger.

1  Thank Tammy B
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is an interesting enough place...It's neat to see animals you would never see otherwise, living or dead. The reference cards, though typewritten and amateurish as another poster mentioned, give some pretty good information about all the animals.

The place is seriously dated though. I would guess that it opened in the 60s, and I doubt it's been updated since. The building has a serious mold or mildew problem; I could smell it as soon as we walked in, and I had a hard time breathing for the rest of the day after we left.

2  Thank Kathleen W