“I don't want to leave”

Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Mammoth Cave
Louisville, Kentucky
“I don't want to leave”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This place has it all, something to do for us (mom and dad) and the little ones. We have enjoyed every minute of our stay. The staff at Jellystone is well rounded and friendly to all. I thank the staff was just as happy to be there as we where. This was are 4th year we have enjoyed this park but this year the staff and management have proved with the new upgrades and cleanliness of the park that this is the place that I want to be at all times.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bob E
Bill P, General Manager at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Mammoth Cave, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Hey Bob E,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review of our campground. We always love having you guys come and stay with us! Please let me know if we can help make your stay even more enjoyable. See you guys soon!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Harlan, Kentucky
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have visited this park several times over the years and have never had any problems. The staff is very nice. I have a girl scout troop and we camp every summer at Jellystone and go to local attractions in the area not to mention the awesome activities at the park. I have set up with Emily a few times to have Yogi come to our troop campsite and steal our pic-a-nic basket. I appreciate the staff and owner for always making our stay a great one. They have always been good about coming to our site incase of bad weather to alert us as to where to go if needed. Once again Thank you Bill, Emily and the entire staff

Tamera Roark

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tammy R
Hey Tammy R,
Jellystone just loves it when you and your Girl Scout Troop come to visit us!! Yogi loves it too cause he always knows you guys have the best food in the pic-a-nic basket! We can't wait for your visit this year. We really do appreciate you taking the time out to post a review of our campground. See ya soon!!
Raywick, Ky
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I booked a stay here for my family for Memorial Day weekend 2014. It says that I paid 1 night deposit, but no where did it tell me it must be paid by Dec 31, 2013. I called to verify reservations and was told this. Otherwise I would not have known. I called and talked to Emily Rudolph who was not concerned and was literally laughing at me on the other end!!!! RUDE!!! I will never stay there and will tell all of my family and friends to never stay there!!! Horrible service and very rude, disrespectful, and arrogant staff!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Leslie W
Bill P, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Mammoth Cave, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Emily spoke with me the day you were called about the reservation deposit. I’m sorry you misconstrued Emily’s cheerful attitude as something other than what it was and always is – a happy person working hard to please all our guests.

The online reservation service we utilize does not recognize the difference between a holiday reservation deposit and a regular date visit to our park. We have been requesting them to arrange for that for some period of time. Because of that, there is a notice that you have to acknowledge on their site before you can make a reservation of any kind for our park. I have copied that from their website and pasted it below to remind you of what you acknowledged in November when you made the reservation request on Book Your Site.

Please Read Below and Accept Notes To Continue!

Holiday stays require a minimum stay of 3 nights and a full reservation deposit of 3 nights.

I have read and accepted the notes from the campground

Since nobody can proceed to request a reservation without checking the box showing the above disclosure it is certain that you checked the box. Whether you actually read the notice or not is solely for you to determine not me, but I do not believe your statements that you were not informed of the 3 night minimum deposit requirement are appropriate. Per notes in the file, you were called when you made the reservation request and informed again of the advance deposit requirement, and we extended the period from that date (November 13) to the first of January. You called on December 30 still upset about having to make the deposit by January 1. On December 31 you spoke with our Assistant Manager (I was still out of the office recovering from surgery or would have called you myself) and were again informed of the deposit requirement and now you are upset with Emily’s attitude when she was trying to remain upbeat and inform you of our policies.

To the best of my knowledge, all Jellystone Parks have the same 3 night minimum stay for holidays and require full payment at the time the reservation is made; this is not unique to our park. Every resort of any type that I have ever stayed in for a holiday requires full payment at the time the reservation is made.

We started out extending an extra six weeks beyond normal policies for you to make your deposit. We did try to accommodate you, but when you refused to make the additional payments within the extended timelines we were forced to cancel the reservation and refund your original deposit so that others had an opportunity to make a reservation.

We came to a mutual agreement that you take vacations elsewhere.

Bill Pott- Owner
Dallas
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Our family spent Thanksgiving there and the cabins are good, but not anything else to do there at this time of year. If you are looking for a place to stay and are planning day trips out to surrounding areas then it is convenient. None of the activities are open during the late fall and winter. The cabins are clean, offer basic amenities, kitchen has basic essentials, and have great water pressure and heat. There are lots of different cabins so make sure you know which one exactly you are getting. I think this campground would be much better in the summer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kim G
Hey Kim G,
Thank you so much for taking the time out to post a review of our campground! Glad you and your family had a nice time in the park. You should try and come back during the summer when we have our pools, splash pad and waterslide open. Plus we have daily recreation activities Memorial Day through Labor Day! Please let me know if I can assist you in any other way!
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Yogi Bear Jellystone park is a great place!! We couldn't afford to go to the beach this summer, so we opted for a family camping trip! I'm so glad we did! It was the best vacation we have ever taken! They have everything you need, within walking distance! A great family atmosphere! Clean sites, friendly employees, different daily activities for the kids, a pool, a huge water slide and many others things!! Great place that we will definitely visit again!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Tiffany1320
Bill P, General Manager at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Mammoth Cave, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hey Tiffany1320,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It sounds like you had a great time! The great thing about Jellystone is that we can cater to just about anyone's budget. Thanks so much for posting about that! Hopefully you guys can come back again next year and use our new pool and splash pad!

Thanks so much!
Chicago
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here in mid-August. Very uncrowded campground, so it was very pleasant from that standpoint. The activities are family based with the waterpark style slide, nice swimming pool, mini-golf, jumpy thing and fishing pond. A little pricey for a camp site, but in the end it was good. Also, rent a golf cart if you can afford it, this was a big plus!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hey Fusebuddy,
Thanks so much for taking the time out to post a review of your experience here at Jellystone! Glad you had a great time. Come see us again next year! We just added a second pool and splash pad!
Maple Shade, New Jersey
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Im way late on writing my review - visited in July of last year 2012 - Better late than never! Loved the atmosphere of this campground - plenty of activities for both kids and adults. We stayed in the cute lil cabins - just had a hard time figuring out warm water in the shower. Either got hot or cold, warm didnt exist, but it was hot outside anyway so didnt mind a cooler shower. One recommendation is to supply ice cube trays in the freezer. KY is hot in the summer so ice cubes are much needed. We stayed here while visiting Mammoth Cave National Park, which I highly recommend going to as well. Would love to come back to this campground again and try the Wild Cave Tour at the national park next time!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cytojj
Hey cytojj,
Thank you for taking the time out to post a review of our campground. Better late than never, haha! Glad you a great experience here! So sorry that your cabin didn't have any ice cube trays inside it. That is an item that we do supply in the cabins. I apologize for that and next time if you have any questions or concerns please let us know. We will be happy to help! Hope you guys can visit again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cave City
Hampton Inn Horse Cave
Hampton Inn Horse Cave
#1 of 3 in Horse Cave
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Mammoth Cave? Share your experiences!