Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Mammoth Cave
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Travel Inn(Cave City)
View Hotel
All reviewsjumping pillowranger stationmini golfwater slidescumberland cabinsplash padputt puttplanned activitiesmammoth cavefishing pondrent golf cartsscreened in porchbunk bedsper daygreat activitieshalloween weekendboo boo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. Lots of activities for the kids. We camped with our three boys. They were uncomfortable in the showers because the curtains didn't cover the opening. This really should be rectified. There were a few noisy campers but over all it was a quiet park. The pool is decent and a pretty good size but it closes at 8pm which is a bit early for us since we are usually out of the park doing activities during the day.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed in Cabin 39 from July 22 to 25, 2012. What a wonderful time!! We drove from Florida for a family vacation to visit the Mammoth Cave. We have three children, ages 10, 7 and 7.

The cabin: What an amazing cabin. As we have frequently stayed at Disney’s Fort Wilderness cabins, we were pleasantly surprised at the JellyStone Park cabin. It was not only roomy and clean, it had great amenities. The loft was cool. The electric fireplace was very nifty and the front porch was very cute. There was a slight ant problem that the management was trying to get a handle on. But once we put all the food in the fridge, all was fine. We forgot to bring sheets and, apparently, you can rent them at the facility if you forget them. More on that later.

The amenities: The pool area was, well, not that great. Again, we are frequent Disney goers so we are used to a spotless pool area. I was pretty grossed out by the Band-Aids that littered the ground and the cloudy pool. The pool deck looked like it could have used a good power washing. All this said, the pool was always busy so it’s got to be hard to keep the area clean. There was no lifeguard on duty that I saw at the pool so really no one to manage the crowds. The waterslide was so much fun. Our whole family enjoyed it so much! I could have done without the snotty teenagers running the waterslide but such are teens. The arcade was way too hot to go in. Apparently there were air conditioner problems and it was hotter in the arcade than outside (in July), if you can believe that. We didn’t bother. The mini-golf was pretty haphazard and overwhelmed with people. Again, it seemed as if there was no staff around to manage the crowds, so it was a fend-for-yourself situation.
The Hey-Hey-Hey rides were so fun. The boy who ran the show was very fun and did a good job keep the crowd going. And the other kids events, including the crafts, were equally fun.

The staff: We found the staff to be scattered at best. The maintenance crew was amazing. When we had a problem (once with the TV and another time with wasps), the crew was right there and on it. The front desk folks were a different story. It seemed to me the teenagers and younger staffers seemed befuddled by their jobs. The ‘older’ staffers were quick and immediate to respond to needs. Here’s a good example: On our first day there, we realized that we forgot sheets for the beds. We went to the front desk and asked if they rented sheets. We were told no and directed to the Walmart, about 30 minutes away. So, after driving more than two days to get to JellyStone Park, we had to get back into the car and drive to the Walmart. Needless to say, we were not happy. It wasn’t until several days later that I overheard a staffer tell someone they rent sheets. I was furious and told the staff member of our experience. She just looked at me blankly and didn’t really say anything. The extremely happy ending to this story is I later reported this (and my issue with the dirty pool) to the one of the owners, Kay Pott, and she quickly responded to our needs. She not only refunded us for the sheets but also our mileage. She also addressed my concerns about the pool. I am very very impressed with that kind of customer service! To me, that makes me want to go back.

Nearby: It seems this is definitely a place for locals, and by that I mean folks who live near or in Kentucky. Because of this, I’m sure most people know about what is nearby and what is not. That said, I’m going to say this for those who are coming in like us. There is NOTHING nearby. Nothing. All the major chain-type stores are a good 30 minutes away. The closest thing is a Dollar General, which seems to double as a grocery store for the towns folk. There are a couple of gas stations, I think a few hotels and an ice cream shop or two. There’s also a bunch of mini-golf places. Also, be warning that the county is dry, meaning no alcohol, beer or wine of any kind is sold in store. None. To be fair, you can buy drinks with your meals at restaurants.

Overall: Generally, the JellyStone cabin experience is terrific. We had a really memorable family vacation. One of my 7-year-old cried and hugged the cabin as we left. It will be nice to go back, this time with our eyes wide open. Mammoth Cave was simple awe-inspiring.

Room Tip: If you're renting a cabin, ask for one close to the Ranger Station. This is a really hilly area so walking to and from the station is easier if you're closer to the action.
3  Thank 41AmyFL41
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We are on a very fixed budget. Of course my oldest son wanted to go to the beach like all his friends. We could not afford to do that this year. So I spent 3 months researching affordable kid friendly places in Kentucky. Jellystone Park in Cave City, KY popped up on the search engine. I looked at everything, reviews, website, etc. My husband and I talked it over and we waited until we had booked it before we even mentioned it to the boys who is 8, 5, and 3. I had printed off the brochure and showed them where we were going. They were so excited. We ended up staying 2 nights. I was unsure if we would like it. We could have stayed a couple more days. My boys asked as we were leaving if next time we could stay "3 more days". That is what I wanted. I wanted them to leave wanting more. The cabin was very nice. I am not a camp outside kind of gal. The pool is were we spent most of our time. The activities were nice but felt there could be more or better planned. It really did not matter because they really jsut wanted to swim. We were planning our next trip before we had even left.

1  Thank KathrynT966
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My family really enjoyed staying at the cumberland cabin #44 while visiting mammoth cave. Kids didnt want to leave. We chose it because we wanted a kitchen and accomodations for 4 adults & 2 kids. My review is based on this being a camping experience with amenities; not a hotel experience. If you have never camped before a cabin may not be for you.

SLEEPING QUARTERS
Kids loved the loft. Had 2 queen mattresses on floor (thin mattress you would find on a pullout). I slept on the pullout couch which was pretty comfortable. My parents slept in the bedroom which had a queen bed. Pillows were provided for beds but you need to bring sheets, pillowcases, and blankets.

LAUNDRY
One of the buildings had coin operated machines which was very handy.

KITCHEN & BATH
It was great having a kitchen while camping. Had An electric stove, microwave, full fridge. Only complaint is that there was no table to eat at. The breakfast bar was tiny and was used for storage since counter space was so limited. We used coolers for coffee tables while eating or we ate outside at the picnic table. No hot water for shower but bath house was close enough so we just showered there. It was nice having a bathroom nonetheless.

OTHER
Cabin was very clean. However, they had an ant problem which they are aware of. Wasn't horrible but at night they came out up in the loft area near the windows. Covered porch was awesome but you should ask for one that is screened in. I didn't like how this units fire pit was sandwiched between 2 cabins but we didn't use it anyway. We used the charcoal grill. Lighter fluid was already in the cabin but may have been left by previous tenant. Kids loved pool and water slide.

The Cumberland cabin is a great option for guests who want to camp but don't have a camper. It is pricey but I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a Cumberland with a screened in porch if that's important to you.
2  Thank travel280
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was my first experience at JEllystone park. I absolutely hate camping but i believe that every kid should go at least oNCE! I have to say that we will be coming back sooner than later hopefully!!!
The weather was great, the activities were neverending, the staff were so friendly and looked as though they really loved their jobs. THe price was unbeatable, and the waterslide should be enough to get you there!! THere weren't too many people, and the bathrooms were a plus! Considering i was expecting to go outside! They let you rent golf carts which i would recommend (especially since my calves are still sore from all the walking!)
We decided to do the tent/electic and water hookup site and it was fine- number 17!! OUr neighbors were nice, police drove by a few times at night which was reassuring. But it really felt like a safe place that your kids could run around and enjoy. Plus Yogi and Boo Boo and CIndy are there!
All in all, you gotta go!

Room Tip: If you're gonna rough it, get a site with electric and water. It is alot closer to all the activities and is right in the middle of things-like the bathroom :)
1  Thank Dawn C