“We enjoyed our stay!”

Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Mammoth Cave
Waterloo, Canada
“We enjoyed our stay!”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My family & I would highly recommend the Savannah cabins at Mammoth Cave Jellystone Park. Bed bugs had been a major concern for me since I had read a few negative reviews. After contacting the owners & being re-assured by their honnesty, especially regarding the history of their cabins, we decided to reserve a 3 day stay. Upon arrival, we found the cabins that we rented to be bed-bug free & super clean as promised. We had no issues of any kind & thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. Thanks Kay & Bill Potts. Here is our vote of confidence!
N Chartrand & family Waterloo ON Canada

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank nickel744

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Mount Airy, Maryland
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I first have to say, I"m not a camper. So this review is from someone who considers The Holiday Inn as roughin' it. We stayed in a log cabin. It was fine. Just a small two room cabin. A few ants and flys, which I would expect at a camp ground. I wasn't crazy about the mold and mildew coming from the air conditioner unit, which when I spoke to the main office they had a maintenance person there immediately. I had already cleaned it with some Clorox wipes (which I take everywhere I go) and spayed it with some Lysol (not sure which is worse, inhaling mold or lysol.)
Noise level wasn't bad, they seem pretty strict with the quiet time between 11 pm and 8 am. The pool was clean, my son especially liked the water slide. It was fun little place with lots to do around the campground and close to Mammoth Caves. We only stayed 2 days and that was enough for me, but if you like to camp I think it was a very nice campground.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hamilton, Ohio
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We went as a family during Spring Break. They had activities planned for the kids that was very nice, such as a weekend movie. But, the park itself was very hilly with gravel pads. For the price they are charging we expected nicer campsites. The campsites are small and were very cramped. The bathrooms were clean but needed updating. It was convenient to Mammoth Cave, about 10 min. Water hookups were fairly long (20'), my hose wasn't long enough so I had to run to walmart. There are some sites that are completely gravel, find out before you reserve. The staff was helpful and friendly!

Room Tip: Call ahead, some sites are very hilly.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Suthien
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed April 18, 2011

This was one of the nicer campgrounds my husband and I have found for our family. We travel a lot and love the outdoors! We have stayed in the primitive camping area, the electric camping area and the Amish Cabins. They were all great! The staff is friendly and the park is VERY clean!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank tw1979
Zanesville, Ohio
Reviewed April 6, 2011

My best friend and I took our teenage sons to Mammoth Cave for spring break. We spent 3 days at Jellystone in a new Cumberland cabin. The cabin was very nice. The cabin had a nice front porch with 2 rocking chairs and a bench. The kitchen had full size stove and fridge and plenty of dishes and pots and pans. The cabin did have pillows and if we knew this we could have saved some space in the car and left these at home. The flat screen TV and electric fireplace were a nice touch. Would have been nice to have a TV in the bedroom. The park appeared to be clean. We took the hayride on Fri night. The boy leading the hayride was friendly and everyone sang songs. It was a short ride. The boys have no luck fishing in the pond, but enjoyed playing basketball. Most of the families camping seemed to bring elementary aged kids and dogs. Would stay here again. Very close to all the attractions and right off the interstate.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jo-travel-alot
Minneapolis
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We had a nice stay at this campgournd. Far enough from highway = fairly quiet. Ashalt lanes = dust free. Lots of activities. Friendly staff. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Hilliard, Ohio
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I was a little concerned when we first got of the interstate because this exit was certainly reminesque of the 1970's tourist traps, but once we got to the park we were more than satisfied. They had an express check-in so we could drive straight to the "primative" camping area and select our site. Each site had it's own fire ring and picnic table. The camps facilities included a water slide, pool and mini-golf that were all included. They also offered activities to keep the children entertained if you were to stay around the camp for the day, which we didn't much.

The only downside was that bath house was too far from the tent camping area so that midnight run to the bathroom in the middle of the night kinda stunk, but the view of the stars was fantastik.

Great home base for enjoying the local activities such as canoeing, horseback riding, and of course the caves.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City
Hampton Inn Horse Cave
Hampton Inn Horse Cave
#1 of 3 in Horse Cave

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Mammoth Cave? Share your experiences!