“Fun guided horse trail ride”

Jesse James Riding Stables
Ranked #5 of 14 things to do in Cave City
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Maybe the group you are with makes a difference at this place.
We got on the first 1-hour ride of the day with a family of 4. The guide was a real 'cowboy' - he actually breaks wild horses when they are purchased from out west. Yes, he smoked, but so what, it was outside and didn't make our ride uncomfortable.
The horses were calm and easy to ride and seemed well cared for. Pleasant valley ride though the woods before the temperature got too hot.
Teh guide was nice, rode back and found my wife's sunglasses on the trailside when she dropped them, and took our pictures while riding.
At $15/hour (with online $1 off coupon), this was a good deal compared to another riding stable we have visited.
They also have other attractions (mini golf, zipline,etc) but we only did the horse ride.

2  Thank fflbrgst
There are newer reviews for Jesse James Riding Stables

Reviewed August 1, 2011

We paid for a 1 hr ride and got about a 35 minute ride. Our guide was completely unprofessional and rude. He smoked cigarettes the entire ride. One of my kids, although he is 15 is emotionally and mentally like a 10 year old. The guide actually said to my child, "Are you as dumb as you sound, boy?" Incredible! No thank you for choosing us today or anything along those lines-just rudeness. We will never go back there!

7  Thank kimb1126
Reviewed July 21, 2011

My wife and I carried our 3 year old son to Jesse James Riding Stables on the 4th of July weekend. They offer 1/2 hour, 1 hour, and 2 hour rides. We elected to do the 1/2 hour ride because our son had never been on a horse. Our guide was excellent...he talked to us the whole time and kept it at a pace that was comfortable. In addition to the horses, they have go carts, bumper boats, zip lines, and bumper cars. We have a great time there and would highly recommend for any family looking for something a little different.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I went with my 7 and 4 year old to the "Action Park" which is part of the stables. We played putt putt golf, went on the cave tour (probably should pass on that), and then the capped it off with the first horseback ride for the kids. The lady behind the counter referred to in the other reviews is the owner. She is definately not overly friendly, she is short and not too helpful regarding what options are avialable. Just read the signs and treat her like a cashier, trying to have a conversation is not likely. You only deal with her for a few minutes to get your tickets. There were 3 durations (30 minute, 1 hour, 2 hour). I risked it and paid for the 1 hour ride. We picked up helments and walked down to the stable. We told them that my 7 year old was new to riding and a little nervous the guides put her on the most tame (and slow) horse imaginable. The guides were wonderful, they spoke with everyone and really helped my 7 year old out. The 4 year old had to ride in the saddle with me (I believe 6 was the age cutoff to ride alone, but you may want to check), he loved it. The trail was nice back through the woods, only a couple of spots where the ground was rough, but the horses managed fine. The minute we got off of the horses my kids wanted to go again. We will definately visit again if we are in the area. The cost was very reasonable (I did not have to pay for the 4 year old). Look for coupons on the internet, I found one for $1 off per rider. A wonderful introduction to horseback riding.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

Having a 5 and 7 year old I wanted a short ride and safe ride, we took the 1/2 hour ride with my 7 year old riding solo and my 5 year old riding with mom, horses were gentle and the path was clean and simple, good first trip for a family who had never been on horses before. Price was reasonable for family of 4, $38.00