“Roach Motel named Days Inn”

Motel 6 Cave City, KY
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Cave City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Libertyville, Illinois
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We rented two rooms in June of 2013. Both of which were not very clean. The air conditioners sounded like a jet plane on take off all night long. Only one room had a refridgerator and it was not working. The T.V. in one room stopped working. Skip the free breakfast it has little to chose from and walk across the highway to Cracker Barrel. But the worse and most troubling part of our stay was because the rooms were so stuffy I slept on top of the covers and I was repeatedly bitten bad enough to cause me to leap out of bed to see what had bit me. I ended up with over 20 angry red welts on my arms feet and forehead which required a trip to my doctor. He could not tell what had bitten me and put me on medication five days later I still have the welts. DONOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bruce M
De Funiak Spg. Fl.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was good,I read the reviews that other people wrote and all I can say is that we didn't have any problems.The room was clean,sheets and linens where clean,plenty of hot water in the shower. Enjoyed the pool.When we go back to that area we'll stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chino Valley, Arizona
Reviewed May 31, 2013

One night's stay in April 2013--used a 'discount coupon' but was NOT worth it for the dumpy gross room we got. Not clean--dirty carpet and mattress stains, etc. Just old and nasty. Good location for visiting Mammoth Caves but there were other options of hotels nearby so made wrong choice in choosing THIS one!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
pamela w, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Cave City, KY, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for the Days Inn Cave City. I am sorry you were unsatisfied with the cleanliness of your room. Cleanliness is important for anyone to feel comfortable and it is our goal that our guest are comfortable. I have discussed this with our housekeeping staff and maintenace has shampood nearly all of the carpets. We hope to give our guest a great place to stay. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. We hope we can serve you better in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Cave City hotels

#1 of 2 in Park City
Hampton Inn Horse Cave
Hampton Inn Horse Cave
#1 of 3 in Horse Cave

Been to Motel 6 Cave City, KY? Share your experiences!