“Great for the money. Outstanding for the service”

Motel 6 Cave City, KY
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Cave City
Auburn, Georgia
“Great for the money. Outstanding for the service”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Every so often you find a gem in the most unexpected place. I stayed at the Days Inn Cave City last month while on a business trip. Although the hotel was older, the facilities were in great shape, everything was clean as a whistle, and I was able to refresh every evening.

The staff was very accommodating, even making sure that the breakfast was ready an hour early to accommodate our production crew's schedule.

If you stay here, be sure to visit El Mazatlan Mexican Restaurant - it is superb!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was the filthiest, moldiest room I have ever stayed in. The sheets were grey. We had 2 worn thin bath towels for 2 adults. I placed my wash cloth in the shower at night before going to bed and it was black in the morning. The shower curtains as well as the knob to turn on the shower were covered in mold. Bottom of tub was covered with these weird looking black globs after shower was finished.... YIKES!!!! I did feel bad for the very polite sweet girl working the front desk who just kept apologizing and making notes of complaints from guests as they checked out.

Room Tip: Keep driving!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
pamela w, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Cave City, KY, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Days Inn Cave City continues to work on giving our guest a pleasant base from which to enjoy all the area attractions. Feedback from our guest is appreciated and we diligently take our guest concerns to heart, as our guest are our main concern. Every effort is taken to fix problems as soon as they arise. We hope in the future to have less and less problems and more and more guest!

Travelers are raving about these Cave City hotels

Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Let me start by saying that the staff members at the desk were extremely nice and apologetic. The room had cobwebs from the ceiling to the wall around most of the perimeter of the room. The rugs were dark with grime. A dead bug awaited us on the floor when we entered. The shower curtain was covered with mold (not just on the bottom edge- all over it). There was years of grime build-up in the corners of the bathroom floor and the handle in the shower. The chairs in the breakfast area were quite dirty. I watched as the staff wiped the crumbs off of the tables and onto the chairs. The hotel looks new from the outside, but the room that I stayed in appeared to suffer from years of neglect.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
pamela w, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Cave City, KY, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
The Days Inn in Cave City cares deeply about their guest. We the staff, are working to create a comfortable and enjoyable environment for our guest. I apologize if your experience was less than you would have hoped. I have discussed your concerns with our staff and I am sure we can make improvements. We hope you will stay with us in the future and have a wonderful summer.
oklahoma
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed here using a traveling coupon. The customer service was pleasant and the room was clean. They may want to look into purchasing new air conditioners due to the fact that it took a few hours to cool our room down. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was loaded with carbs. They were an average hotel and you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Most of the air conditioners at the Days Inn Cave City are brand new. That being said we did have 110 degree tempetures in July and very high 90 degree temperatures in June. We want our guest to be as comfortable as possible, so they can enjoy their visit to the Mammoth Cave area.
Cave City, Kentucky
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My daughter's wedding reception was to be held at the Cave City Day's Inn, booked well in advance. The night before the wedding we were told there were no tablecloths for the banquet tables. Upon booking the room we were told they were provided. The owner refused to accommodate us by using part of the $350 rental fee to go buy the linens. He only offered to buy plastic tablecloths for my daughter's formal reception. Tacky! He was rude, obnoxious, and called me and my daughter liars. At midnight we were refunded the total amount that was paid and had to come up with new arrangements for a reception. What kind of person does this? Where is customer service? This hotel does not deserve to be affiliated with the Day's Inn name.

Room Tip: Never stay at this hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Cave City, KY, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Days Inn Cave City offers a spacious and newly renovated Conference Room. Freshly painted, new carpet, and all brand new large round tables and chairs are offered, as well as beautiful ambient lighting. The table cloths that were offered were white linen and while they didn't touch the floor, are very tasteful and lovely.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

My recent stay was no real surprise. I payed $45 per night and got a room that was worth that. The non smoking room I was in had a blanket with cigarette burns in it. The lamp shades were stained from cigarette smoke. The mildew on the back of the shower curtian and stains on the comforter were very visible. After my visit to the dollar general for a can of Lysol it was time to spray down this 2nd room. I told the staff of these issues and they were able to move me in to a room that was the one I just described above. So you can guess the 1st room was not worth $45 a night. After I hose the room down with the entire can of Lysol I was camping indoors. All in all don't expect a lot but the staff will help in any way they can.

• Stayed May 2012
pamela w, Manager at Motel 6 Cave City, KY, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing Days Inn Cave City and thank you for your nice comments about the service. We are always willing to help our guest feel more comfortable. the Days Inn Cave City staff is dedicated to improvement and hospitality. We hope your next visit will be more pleasant and once again thank you for commenting.
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay in Cave City and at Days Inn. The staff was friendly and helpful and the our room clean and pretty comfortable. We stayed for 2 days to see Mammoth Cave. I will make this our stop when back to tour the rest of the attractions this summer.

Room Tip: I really liked having our room face the pool. It made it easier to walk out and enjoy the water.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 2 in Park City
Hampton Inn Horse Cave
Hampton Inn Horse Cave
#1 of 3 in Horse Cave

Been to Motel 6 Cave City, KY? Share your experiences!