“Nothing fancy, good burgers”
Review of Watermill

Watermill
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Cave City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Visited on a Sunday with my family of four. Old, well-used place. We skipped the all-you-can-eat Sunday buffet which looked and smelled a bit overcooked. Got burgers in stead and they were good. Service was fine, with a charming southern twang to it. Attention non-smokers! Smoking is allowed in the front of the restaurant so you'll have to hold your nose while you walk to the back. It suited us fine but I know that some people get really upset about this.

2  Thank tiepie

Reviewed August 20, 2014

This is a restaurant that offers a buffet as well as a menu. We ate there for lunch one day and again for breakfast. The food is plentiful as well as good. The decor is "truck stop country". The staff is friendly and helpful.

3  Thank Buckeye017
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Watermill is a basic country cooking type of place. If you want something healthy this is probably not the place for you. If you want it deep fried, you are home. The food is good, the place is simple, the staff is friendly enough. Not sure what the gripe people have about the smoking.....we sat in the front section and no one was smoking and they were busy but even if they had been I am smart enough to realize that the smoking ban that the cities have forced on the public/ private businesses just may not have reached the country yet and may not. Perhaps they would fix you something to go if you don't like how they run the business they stuck their necks out to build. just sayin.

1  Thank Jim C
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We came in at 5 until closing and they welcomed us in. We ate the buffet and everything was very good! Very friendly and attentive waitress. Food is home style and seasoned well. Dessert was very good.

1  Thank Gagloff
Reviewed August 5, 2014

If you are looking for a quick stop and want to get your fill this is an okay place. Most everything comes out of cosco/IWC/Sams club type containers and fried. the fish is okay and potatoes, and beans and and and .. But there is one thing that I do find very good. They have a sandwich called a manhattan (hot roast beef sandwich) served with mashed potatoes and gravy. The roast beef inside is melt in your mouth tender. of course it is on white bread with just brown gravy but that roasted beef..yummmm

My husband loves it because it is quick and filling but I am way more picky. Prices sucked for kids and even when they didn't want the buffet the choices were less than pleasing. I have to say the real reason that I gave this so few stars wasn't the food but the overall atmosphere. The place is very run down even before you get in the door. Also the staff allow people to smoke right next to the food (disgusting!). Not to mention it isn't all that appetizing to see a heavy woman with a apron tied so tight that her tummy overlaps most of the apron and she is super filthy. Yes, we came on a very busy day but I'm just saying that pride may not be their first priority.
The wait staff was good and attentive. The drinks were what you would expect. I personally haven't used one of the restrooms so I can't comment. I will say this if you are round and about mammoth cave your choices are rather limited so if we are saying food available to fill a hungry family after swimming or exploring all then yeah this works as it is close and you can expect about $10 a person so budget people may find it wonderful where foodies will not.

1  Thank about4kids