“Great local style food where the locals go to eat!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Watermill

Watermill
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Cave City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great local style food where the locals go to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

If you want to experience Cave City then eat here. Filled with locals cause this place cooks food that the locals like. Yes people smoke in here, we sat in the back and it was fine, my wife and son are sensitive to smoke with asthma and they were fine. Yes the food isn't what some yuppies may like, but my family wanted to try local Cave City Kentucky style food and service this place delivered. If you normally eat at Panera Bread or have meeting at Star Bucks then this place may not be for you.... but we enjoyed it. Good price, good food, atmosphere isn't brand new but neither is the town so it fits right in. Approx $25 for 2 adult 1 kid buffet with soft drinks. The peach cobbler was amazing.

2 Thank NathanBryansG

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Not extremely impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

The food here was OK, the service was good, Its pretty run down though.

After driving from Northern Indiana, my 11 year old cousin and I wanted a quick and easy meal close to our hotel. We looked through the GPS restaurant list and then tripadvisor reviews and decided to go for it at Watermill.

First impression was that the building was very run down. You walk straight into the smoking section which is a bit irritating but there weren't a whole lot of people smoking so it wasn't THAT bad. The food was OK...good enough I ate my fill, but not somewhere I would go back to. If you go I recommend the salad, mashed potatoes, and fried fish (keep in mind we ate off of the buffet...they do also have menu options). The peach cobbler mentioned in another review as being delicious was hardly edible. My cousin who is a much picker eater did not eat much and what he did eat he wasn't thrilled with. Price isn't terrible but for the quality I would have expected it to cost a bit less.

1 Thank Chazneeka
mississippi
“Good Food, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

I read the reviews about "the Smoking" but this was not an issue for us as we came around 11 on a week day and there was not anyone smoking. They had a menu or buffet. My daughter ordered off the menu and loved her breakfast plate. The rest of us ate off the buffet. The fish was good. The only problem was the pieces were huge and it was hard to find a small one. lol They had a nice salad bar and dessert. We all enjoyed our food. And our waitres was very attentive.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ynot011
Lexington, Kentucky
“Good food, good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We visited Mammoth Cave on a day trip from Lexington. We had not planned on venturing out of the National Park, but the restaurants near the Visitor Center ended up being unavailable. We wanted to eat between tours of the caves so we hopped into the car and headed to cave city. This was the first restaurant we found. The decor is simple, and it's clear the place is old. The buffet food was good and priced decently at $10 per adult and $5 per child. The catfish was especially good, as was the peach cobbler.
I do agree with other reviewers that the smoking section thing was a bit of a turn off, and the section was busy when we were there, so it was impossible to avoid the smell/smoke. If it weren't for the cigarette smoke, I'd have given this place a higher rating.

1 Thank Tracy W
“Great southern food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Tried this restaurant recently on our way back from Barren River. At first, looking at building, decor threw me off...older. However, tons of cars were parked outside...a great sign. Our familywalked into the line and then found a table. We did notice they had smoking close to non smoking section, but wanted to eat the buffet. The food was excellent! I would go back again! Chicken was perfect! Catfish was delicious! The desserts were awesome! Service too! Definitely enjoyed this!

1 Thank maxmama77