All reviews free breakfast clean hotel staff was friendly newer rooms biscuits and gravy breakfast area next morning first floor beds were very comfortable other hotels one night stay parking lot employees convenience cleanliness desk housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

Be for we got here, we knew it was going to be good. We call and spoke to Ashly about a a room. She made it so easy. It was wonderful. We expressed what we were looking for and she made it happen. WOW!!!
We arrived and was not disappointed.
The room was clean.
The next morning I spoke Kelsie and Kayla at the desk. They will make you feel comfortable and welling to go beyond to help whatever we need. Again WOW!!!WOW!!!
Went for breakfast and Mary was there. This is one the most organized breakfast area I have seen.
Tammy is with housekeeping I believe. She keeps the lobby floor so clean you can see yourself. What a shine. The is a lot of construction people here but you would never know.
It is safe place for your belongings. We have a welding rig and didn’t worry about the truck. The only thing we would like to see when we come back is the lights in back parking lot be working.
Thank y’all.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018

All in all, It was fine. I'm on the road 10 months out of the year and stay at Holiday Inns a majority of the time, and again, it was fine.

Pros-

The Holiday Inn has made put me at ease based on standard practices that are shared across the country by the chain and one can expect the same level of quality in Carrollton's hotel as they would a majority of Holiday Inns that they visit elsewhere.

The biscuits and gravy that I've had here are without exaggeration better than the local McDonalds, the now defunct Burger King, and the Bob Evans in the neighboring city of Madison.

The Room's equipment and decor is less than 10 years old and shows no obvious signs of wear.

I have stayed at every hotel in Carrollton and this is the highest quality. The rival hotels are all located in the same area and are on top of each other and unlike the Holiday Inn, their water supply is very hard and metallic.

The only Non-Smoking Hotel in Carrollton

Cons-

Travelers should be aware regardless of the hotel they stay at in Carrollton, they are not in a major metropolitan area and shouldn't expect the quality of a 5 star hotel. This hotel as well as the neighboring ones host a lot of transient workers and truckers that has led to late night wake ups while most guests are harmless and quiet.

Those who have cell phone plans with Verizon should expect that here and the surrounding areas will greatly hinder your use of data. This is already frustrating coupled with the prehistoric wifi of the facility while again I don't attribute this to the Holiday Inn but the nature of the area.

The House-Keeping staff is unmotivated. Your pragmatic needs are met, towels replaced, bed is made. However after staying for weeks at a time, trends i've noticed develop. For example, unless overflowing, my trash is not replaced, The room is not vacuumed. Admittedly I concede there may be a weekly schedule for certain tasks and it is completely possible that there lacks a member of the team willing to go above and beyond.

House Keeping staff also travels in packs floor by floor as they clean and they seem to have a general assumption everyone is awake and ready to go by 9 where there is a constant shouting down the halls to communicate with one another, greatly limiting any would be night shift workers from getting to sleep. This seems to be restricted to weekends where I imagine more staff is brought on to fulfill the high turnover in rooms.

While the hotel is non-smoking, you can't help but notice the distinct smell of weed every few days in the lobby/first floor area. This hasn't kept them from their duties that I've noticed but doesn't fill me with a sense of professionalism.

Lastly my number one complaint that is not restricted to the Holiday Inn in Carrollton is the mismanagement of the guest laundry operation. The staff is constantly out of quarters. It wouldn't be terrible but with the near extortionist prices to begin with to complete the laundry, a lot of quarters are required. For an unprepared guest, it would cost $5-8 for a complete cycle including detergent and the extra is based off a want for dryer sheets. (As would be expected in any hotel guest laundry, even the medium setting on the dryer will ensure your clothes will be near boiling temperatures when they are finally removed from the dryer.)

In regards to the lack of quarters. I need the Holiday Inn to appreciate that if a hotel with ~120 guests, and it can be assumed at least 10% will require some form of laundry to be completed, charges $5 minimum to do laundry, a rather large cache of quarters will be needed in order to avoid guest frustrations. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some sort of proactive planning on the staff's and management's part to ensure that guests are provided a seamless and stress-free stay at the hotel to include completion of laundry. Small bug-a-boos like these and those previously mentioned can make or break an already fragile mood due to being away from home and/or travel & work stress.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

Hello TomtheVagabond,

Thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to post a review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the breakfast selection and that you felt comfortable on our brand.

On the other hand, it is unfortunate that our location has limited access to data, the housekeeping service left a negative impression, the noise challenges and the operation of the laundry facility. I am terribly sorry for we failed to make your stay more comfortable. Your feedback has been taken into account and will be shared with our management team. We are confident that necessary steps will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 4, 2018

We have seldom stayed at Holday Inn Express-usually considered them too pricey in exchange for what you get. But we decided to give this one a try- so sorry we did. Attempted to pull in to check-in only to find that the entire parking lot was blocked off for the weekend due to some renovations, including access to the front desk. The only option was to park in handicap parking which was the only way to access the front desk to check in. (And how unfortunate because a short time later an elderly woman with a walker was trying to gain access but could not easily do so because of all those illegally parked in the handicso When I asked if there was an alternate door we could use I was told no, we could bring our things in and then go park in a gravel lot behind the parking lot. Since I’d booked and paid in advance I knew I couldn’t cancel my reservation to go and stay at another nearby hotel. But when I book in advance I assume I will receive the amenities that are listed, but was told that no, everything was not available, including the indoor pool, among other things, because they were doing renovations on that too. Though I booked directly at their website no mention was made of remodeling coming up. So basically, the customer is locked-in to a pay in advance rate if that is chosen, but the hotel Feels no obligation or responsibility to give any kind of compensation if they cannot deliver the advertised amenities for that rate. I certainly understand that things happen, break down, need repairs etc, but a planned renovation that completely effects a customers stay, comfort and convenience is certainly known well in advance. When I inquired at the front desk if it would be possible in light of all this to cancel or receive some compensation I was simply told no because I already paid. The attendant on duty then proceeded to tell me how terrible her week had been because of all the complaints she had been receiving for something that was not her fault. Several times she proceeded to then tell me how hard her week had been. I understand that she was simply the one who had to field all the complaints, but clearly management could have proactively put in place some form of compensation to be offered for the many inconveniences, or at least instructed their employees as to how to politely answer guests questions in light of the renovations and inconveniences. Even a simple “We are so very sorry for the inconvenience” from the front desk attendant would have been greatly appreciated, and would have gone a long way towards making us feel better about this place. I have stayed at many hotels undergoing renovations, but have usually been treated with an attitude that the hotel will try to do everything possible to treat you politely because they realize the quest is being inconvenienced. This experience has been anything but... I have heard friends comment that they usually feel this chain is a pretty safe bet, so we took a chance this time rather than going with a nearby chain where we stay more often. The reservation here was only cheaper by $1.00. I clearly should have spent the extra $1.00 and chosen elsewhere! This experience has only reinforced my previous opinion. Perhaps there are some quality Holiday Inn Express hotels out there, but this one is not among them. If you have a choice I would choose elsewhere.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Lisa B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Dear Anne P,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I do apologize for any inconvenience you had while staying here and the way the front desk clerk spoke to you is both unprofessional and uncalled for. I will definitely have a talk with this person. I can assure you however that we are not normally like this and we are normally a very quiet and pleasant hotel and I have a great hotel team normally.
I would like to take this opportunity to make this right for you and ask that you send me an email at lbucklerhie@gmail.com, please include the name the original reservation was made under and I will compensate you for all this inconvenience you experienced. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

We were traveling home from San Antonio, Texas after attending our son's Air Force BMT graduation. It was late, and we were exhausted after driving 1,100 miles. The front desk employee was kind and helpful. The carpet was a little worn, but it didn't take away from our stay. The room and building felt clean and was quiet. The beds were very comfortable, and the shower was great. They also had an excellent breakfast.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Lisa B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Dear Sarah P,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found us clean and quiet. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast. We are scheduled for a renovation this year and all carpet will be replaced so hopefully when you return that will no longer be an issue. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

I often stay at Holiday Inn Express and usually have a pretty nice stay. However, this stay set a new low. When i arrived, i awaited at the desk for a few minutes with no attendant then had to listen to her yell at a phone call ( guest.?) and repeat the unusual wifi login info three times.

Then after checking in was surprised by saggy mattresses and "red roof Inn" soap in bathroom. Room was not very clean and linnens were not those typical IHG crisp sheets.

Most alarming was unleashed dog in breakfast area apparently belonging to manager.additional disappointment was broken elevator.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Lisa B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Dear Daniel S,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I do apologize to you for the issues you had while you stayed here. I can assure you we do not operate our hotel that way. Not sure what was going on but I will definitely investegate everything you mentioned. I can tell you the elevator has been fixed and I do apologize again for that, I know how hard it can be to take steps. I do hope you will return and let us show you we can and will do better and give you the excellent guest care you deserve.