“Great New Place to Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Carrollton
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Carrollton
Chicago, Illinois
“Great New Place to Stay”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This Holiday Inn was recently rennovated and has a nice lobby, pool, and nice design to the rooms. The front desk staff are very pleasant, kind, and helpful. It was nice that they offer a free breakfast, which does include a variety of items-not just cereal and fruit. The pool is relaxing and the gym is small, but nice to have available. The room was very nice except the pillows definitely gotta go. They are flat with no comfort and it would make such a difference with a good pillow. The beds are not the best, but I would say they are good enough for a few nights.
Overall, I enjoyed this hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Priscilla2284,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the comfort of the pillows, or I should say lack of. I assure you we are in the process of getting new pillows. I do hope you will give us another chance and return to test out the new pillows when we get them in.

Lisa Buckler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Seneca, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the truck show and the people couldn't have been any nicer. Breakfast was great everyday they have something different. When we got there at 4:30 our room wasn't ready but had it ready in 10 min. And the rooms are very clean. We would stay here again. The employees were very helpful with all our needs.

• Stayed March 2014
Deborah A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Lori M,
I would like to thank you for taking time to write a review on our hotel. I am glad that my staff was able to make your stay a wonderful experience. I will pass on the nice words to my staff. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast bar. We are sorry that you had to wait for your room to be finished. I am hoping the next time you come to stay with us this will not be an issue. We look forward to seeing you again.

Deborah Andrew
Asst. Manager
Smackover, AR
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Small town but awesome hotel!! My room was clean, breakfast was good and the staff was super nice. Bed was comfortable. Plenty of in room coffee. Loved the candy bars and cookies at check-in. I felt safe and had no issues while in town. Mostly fast foods eateries.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Deborah A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear LATraveler589,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. We are indeed a small town with a lot of fast food places within walking distance to eat. We, however, have several family owned businesses in the area that we would have loved to have you try while you were in town. The next time you are in the area, we will be glad to give you directions to any of them. We look forward to seeing you again.

Deborah Andrew
Assistant Manager
Knox, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in Carrollton not knowing what to expect. But we found a cluster of hotels right off the highway. We chose the Holiday Inn Express; good choice. The hotel was very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. It was also pretty quiet. We got a good nights rest. They are also a pet friendly hotel, which is a good thing because we were traveling with our two small dogs. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you need to stay in this area.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear David B
Thank you so much for posting a review on our hotel here in Carrollton, Ky. We strive for excellent guest satisfaction and I am very pleased that we were able to provide that for you during your stay with us. I sincerely hope we can see you and your family again soon!!

Tennessee
Reviewed December 10, 2013

WE stayed here for one night on our way to Columbus. This place is brand new, the staff is very friendly, it was clean, and one of the best Holiday Inn Express we've ever stayed at. We are priority club members and have been thinking of switching brands, but after this stay decided we would give them another try. Excellent hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank we4farm
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear we4farm,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay here. We try very hard to provide excellent guest service and I am very proud that we provided that for you. I will pass on your great words to my staff and let them know what a great job they did for you.

Lisa B
US
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed here one night passing through the area. We were greeted at the desk by a friendly employee who allowed us to check in early and gave us our requested first floor room. We were also presented with bottles of cold water and our choice of snacks (Candy and Chips etc) as a welcome gift. I think this might only be Loyalty Members because I noticed it was kept under desk and they didn't give it to people in front of us. The lobby was very nice and during the afternoon they had Fresh Made Cookies available and there was also a bowl of Fresh Fruit. Nice quick snack when you have been on the road all day. Our room was a good size and spotless. The beds were very comfortable and each bed had had both firm and soft pillows, the pillow cases tell you what they are. There is a small workout room and indoor pool. A nice Breakfast is served in the morning in the dining area. Included lots of choices including make your own Pancakes. The Hotel is right off the expressway but off the road a bit so it is nice and quiet. It is also close to some fast food Restaurants and a Walmart.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Lynndy2006
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Lynndy2006,
Thank you so much for posting a review on our hotel here in Carrollton, Ky. I am very pleased that my team made you feel welcome and that your entire stay was great. We hope you come to visit us again real soon. We look forward to your next visit,

Franklin, Ohio
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Staying at hotel right now. Husband travels for work and stays here quite often. Always clean and very hospitable staff. We were able to check in wayyyy early and even had breakfast. Room very clean..

Room Tip: Definitely best hotel in this area.