“Good Clean Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Carrollton
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Carrollton
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Good, Clean Hotel to stay at while traveling. They have a pool and FREE breakfast which has a lot of variation and fresh juices and fruit. Stayed 4 times while traveling and was not disappointed at any time. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hayward48101
Lisa S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Hayward48101,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review on our hotel. We are extremely pleased that you had an exceptional experience here at the Carrollton Ky Holiday Inn Express. Please come see us again real soon. We look forward to it. I will pass on your words to our staff and let them know what a great job they are doing. Thank you again.

Lisa B.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

and that is both good and bad. Everything was standard, everything was clean, service was good. Nothing outstanding either positive or negative. Met all expectations. No surprises and that was the expectation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Lisa S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear underpressure,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel here in Carrollton, Ky. I notice that we didn't do anything to impress you while you were here. I am very sorry about that. We try very hard to provide exceptional guest service and it pains me that we did not provide that for you. Hope to see you again soon so we can provide you with better service!!! Have a great day!!!

Lisa B
Assistant Manager

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed one night in this hotel on our trip home from Florida. It was close to the highway, and a quick easy check in. The room was nice, as was the bed. The trouble started after midnight. I am not sure what kind of insulation was used in the room but it was inadequate. We heard every door slam shut as people stared rolling in. This isn't the end of the world just very frustrating when your trying to get a good nights sleep to help with the long drive the next day. We also had the misfortune of having one very thin wall between us and a couple who obviously enoyed each others company. We were serenated with sqeaky bed springs and a womens enthusiastic moaning and groaning. I am not against a couple enjoying each others company behind closed doors, I just don't think I should be able to hear very clearly and descriptively how much THEY LOVE IT!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bruins87
Lisa S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Bruins87,
Thank you for staying with us! Here at the Holiday Inn Express- Carrollton, KY we strive to provide excellent guest satisfaction, and it is our goal to make sure every guest is completely satisfied!
Sadly, I see that we fell short in our mission to provide excellent service, and that you left here unsatisfied! I understand that during your stay here you experienced some problems. This is absolutely unacceptable to us, and we hope you will give us an opportunity to correct these issues and show you that we can do better. We realize that we make mistakes, and I assure you that your next stay with us we will be above and beyond your expectations.
I hope you will give us the chance to remain your preferred lodging choice. If there is anything I can do for you in the future to make any part of your stay better, or if you would like to speak to me about anything at all, please don’t hesitate to call. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Lisa Buckler

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Pros: Clean, Well-Kept, Friendly Staff, Reasonably Priced
Cons: No HBO
Other amenities such as free breakfast, coffee, cookies, USA Today newspaper, and Internet are all good.
The only suggestion is to change all the square drawer knobs to round ones. The square knobs caught my clothing several times.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Lisa S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Watsonk,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review on our hotel. We greatly appreciate all feedback from our guests.
I am happy that you were pleasd with your stay with us, an do apologize for the no HBO issue. We do provide it and I will definetly look into that situation. I do apologize for the drawer knobs snagging your clothes. I do hope it didn't cause any serious issues for you.
We look forward to your visit with us again real soon.

Lisa B

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I would have loved to give a better rating but I must call it as I see it...heres the story..I checked in around 3:00 pm I was greated by the assistant manager( sorry I cant remember names) she was great ,freindly, helpful gave me a great price thanked me for being a platinum member and gave me my water and goody bag...the room was great!bed was great,room was clean,everything was perfect..also nice truck parking lot beside motel and restaurants next door..now the bad part of the story I went to check out at 1:00am while checking out I ask if they had coffee and I was told no we dont make coffee until 6:00am, I explained Iwould not be there at 6 and I was not getting breakfast so I would really appreciate a large cup of coffee ( I have my own jumbo sized cup) finally when I said that I was a platinum member and I am offered coffee at all other Holiday Inn Expresses when checking out ...she said she was joking and would go make coffee I dont feel she was joking ..I simply wanted to get coffee and leave not stand and argue about..i spend many thousand dollors a year at Holiday Inns and dont feel I am asking for too much...If not for this I would have went with a way better rating ,this is a great place with mostly great people..

Room Tip: top floor was nice and quiet..
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Lisa S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank You for your review. We love to hear about the great things our employees are doing to make your stay more enjoyable. However I must apologize for the coffee situation. I can assure you that will never happen again. The agent has been spoken to and reprimanded for their actions. I hope you will give us the oppurtunity to provide you with the excellant customer service you have come to expect from us.

Sincerely;
Lisa Buckler

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Very comfortable and clean place to stay. The room was very large. Didn't feel cramped at all. Bathroom was very clean and presentable. My daughters play pen had more then enough room to be setup. Few noises from outside. The location is a good distance back from road and vehicle noises. The only disappointment I had was with not having a veteran discount. Not sure it would of been more than a $10 dollar discount, but it would of been nice. Me and my wife are both disabled veterans and prefer Holiday Inn Express over any other. First time we have ever been denied the discount. Otherwise. Keep up the good work at this location.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Pyotir
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed at this hotel last week for business, and every morning for the whole week they had no gravy for the buscuits. She put out two trays of buscuits to fill the spots, but no gravy. One of my guys got so pissed off that he just left, and went to Burger King instead. Then try to get coffee. They had atleast five empty coffee thermos, no coffee anywhere, at night to. Went down stairs for a coffee at night nothing. The rooms are very clean, and the hotel is very nice, but I guess there was a shortage of coffee, and gravy, that week in Carrollton.

Room Tip: Bring you own coffee.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrollton
Hampton Inn Carrollton
General Butler State Resort
Belterra Casino Resort
Belterra Casino Resort
#1 of 2 in Florence

Been to Holiday Inn Express Carrollton? Share your experiences!