“Good Place to Stay in Carrollton KY”

Holiday Inn Express Carrollton
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Carrollton
Pittsburgh
“Good Place to Stay in Carrollton KY”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Pros: Clean, Well-Kept, Friendly Staff, Reasonably Priced
Cons: No HBO
Other amenities such as free breakfast, coffee, cookies, USA Today newspaper, and Internet are all good.
The only suggestion is to change all the square drawer knobs to round ones. The square knobs caught my clothing several times.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lisa S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Watsonk,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review on our hotel. We greatly appreciate all feedback from our guests.
I am happy that you were pleasd with your stay with us, an do apologize for the no HBO issue. We do provide it and I will definetly look into that situation. I do apologize for the drawer knobs snagging your clothes. I do hope it didn't cause any serious issues for you.
We look forward to your visit with us again real soon.

Lisa B
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I would have loved to give a better rating but I must call it as I see it...heres the story..I checked in around 3:00 pm I was greated by the assistant manager( sorry I cant remember names) she was great ,freindly, helpful gave me a great price thanked me for being a platinum member and gave me my water and goody bag...the room was great!bed was great,room was clean,everything was perfect..also nice truck parking lot beside motel and restaurants next door..now the bad part of the story I went to check out at 1:00am while checking out I ask if they had coffee and I was told no we dont make coffee until 6:00am, I explained Iwould not be there at 6 and I was not getting breakfast so I would really appreciate a large cup of coffee ( I have my own jumbo sized cup) finally when I said that I was a platinum member and I am offered coffee at all other Holiday Inn Expresses when checking out ...she said she was joking and would go make coffee I dont feel she was joking ..I simply wanted to get coffee and leave not stand and argue about..i spend many thousand dollors a year at Holiday Inns and dont feel I am asking for too much...If not for this I would have went with a way better rating ,this is a great place with mostly great people..

Room Tip: top floor was nice and quiet..
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lisa S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank You for your review. We love to hear about the great things our employees are doing to make your stay more enjoyable. However I must apologize for the coffee situation. I can assure you that will never happen again. The agent has been spoken to and reprimanded for their actions. I hope you will give us the oppurtunity to provide you with the excellant customer service you have come to expect from us.

Sincerely;
Lisa Buckler
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Very comfortable and clean place to stay. The room was very large. Didn't feel cramped at all. Bathroom was very clean and presentable. My daughters play pen had more then enough room to be setup. Few noises from outside. The location is a good distance back from road and vehicle noises. The only disappointment I had was with not having a veteran discount. Not sure it would of been more than a $10 dollar discount, but it would of been nice. Me and my wife are both disabled veterans and prefer Holiday Inn Express over any other. First time we have ever been denied the discount. Otherwise. Keep up the good work at this location.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Pyotir
Portage, Michigan
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed at this hotel last week for business, and every morning for the whole week they had no gravy for the buscuits. She put out two trays of buscuits to fill the spots, but no gravy. One of my guys got so pissed off that he just left, and went to Burger King instead. Then try to get coffee. They had atleast five empty coffee thermos, no coffee anywhere, at night to. Went down stairs for a coffee at night nothing. The rooms are very clean, and the hotel is very nice, but I guess there was a shortage of coffee, and gravy, that week in Carrollton.

Room Tip: Bring you own coffee.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Midwest
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I agree with the other recent reviews on here...this place is good, but not great. The staff was friendly enough and our room was spacious and very clean, although there were spots in the lobby and on our non-smoking floor that smelled like stale cigarettes. The breakfast had a variety of cold and warm processed foods; wish there had been some fruit -- at least some bananas and apples. Fitness center and pool are small, but well-kept.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Very nice HIE. Rooms are large, clean and quiet. The beds are very comfortable!! The air did not keep the room as cool as we would normally like but we like to keep it pretty cold at night.......considering that I'm 8 months pregnant I could have been just having a heat surge LOL. Front desk staff was very nice as well as continental breakfast staff. The breakfast was better than the average cereal and toast. Served warm cinnamon rolls, biscuits, gravy, eggs, and pancakes. Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2012
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The hotel is a standard HIE...nothing special. It seems clean enough. The area around the hotel could use some development and updating. I am a bit uncomfortable here (single female traveler with child), and I probably will not stop in this area on the way back through the state. There seems to be construction going on, so maybe better hotels and eateries are coming soon.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Abdooj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carrollton, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Hi! Thank you so much for your feedback! I understand how you feel! There is a piece of land beside the hotel that hasn't been developed yet, and during the time you were here they may have been working on it. I hope you will come see us again, as it is very important to us to make sure all our guests have a positive experience. If you have any questions please call me at 502 732 6770.

Jonathan L. Abdoo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrollton
Hampton Inn Carrollton
#4 of 7 in Madison
Belterra Casino Resort
Belterra Casino Resort
#1 of 2 in Florence

Been to Holiday Inn Express Carrollton? Share your experiences!