“Deceptively nice on the outside”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Carrollton
Reviewed July 2, 2009

We were traveling on I-71 on our way to Alabama and this is where we chose to stop here for the night. Being tired of driving does cloud your judgement. This is a classic example of you get what you pay for. It was reasonably clean, but pretty much worn down by use. It was tolerable as we were on a budget, but I wish we would have chosen somewhere else. The most redeeming part of the hotel was the continental breakfast. Everything was well stocked and fresh, although there were hardly any cars in the parking lot, so I am not sure if this was due to the lack of guests at the hotel. It was not the worst place I have ever stayed but certainly not the best.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed April 26, 2009

Run - fast and far, away from this place!!
Took over 20 minutes to check in, AND THERE WAS NO ONE IN LINE - the guy had to call someone to find out what the Choice Priviledges card was! And then again to find out what a CAA/AAA card is!
Then I went to walmart (which is about a 2 minute drive), but had to call back to check with my better half on something, and this guy couldn't figure out how to use the phone - he beeped the phone and hung up on me. I called back and told him what happened, and he argued with me, saying he didn't hang up on me. He tried again, and it didn't go through. He then told me I would have to call back later when someone else was there.
I made it back, and then he started saying he was doing everything right etc etc etc... I just told him he needed to find a new job if he didn't know how to do the one he has now!! I will be sending a letter to the hotel, the area's tourism board, and Comfort Inn's CEO's office soon.
As far as the room goes, it was ok, other then the great view from the window (of a brick wall), and the couple bugs I found.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank joshcna
Reviewed August 3, 2008

This was pretty disappointing. We stayed here once before when it was a Holiday Inn Express, and while it wasn't excellent, it was sufficient. This time, about the only positive thing I can say is it was semi-clean. I say semi because of a few black hairs found on the bathroom floor. But the rest of the room was clean.

The heater/AC sounded like a rattly old motor and was impossible to have on while having a conversation, watching TV, or sleeping (I could hear it before we even entered the room). There was a plastic cup on top of the AC unit with little plastic pieces of it and our room number on it. Who knows what that was!

The curtains were broken and impossible to close. They were obviously drooping and hanging down and you'd think someone would've fixed them? I tried myself but had no luck.

We didn't use housekeeping during our two night stay, but it was nice that with our 'do not disturb' sign out, they left us a bag of fresh towels and washcloths outside the door for the second night.

Thus...I give it 2/5, only because it was (semi) clean and housekeeping and the main desk staff were professional and helpful. However, thanks to the state of disrepair, we won't be staying here again. I can't recommend this one!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2008

This hotel needs some work. The carpet was dirty and worn. The bathroom door was warped and would not close completely. There was no rack to hang clothes. It had a closet but no bar or hooks for hanging anything in it. The bed squeaked.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2007

My husband and I decided to take a weekend getaway for our anniversary. This seemed like a good hotel as it was convenient to the places we wanted to visit.

First, they assigned us to a room that was already occupied so we ended up in a room with 2 double beds instead of the one queen we reserved. The bathroom hadn't been cleaned (there were long black hairs in the tub and an open bar of soap was left out to melt on the sink.) The side door that was supposed to be accessible only by keycard wouldn't even close, let alone lock.

We spent all day Saturday out of the room and when we returned, our keycards no longer worked. While we'd been gone the beds had been made and the towels replaced but the bathroom still hadn't been cleaned.

When we check out on Sunday I talked to the manager on duty about all the problems but frankly, I won't return to that hotel and I'll recommend that others stay away from it as well.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mavid79
Reviewed May 27, 2003

Very nice Holiday Inn Express, better than most Holiday Inn Expresses - breakfast bar was always replenished (which is better than most), more variety than I've seen in the past at Holiday Inn Expresses. Shares a pool with Days Inn so the pool not great but at least they have a pool. If you have to stay in Carrollton - definitely stay here - it's the best you can do in Carrollton! And as far as Holiday Inn's go, this one is top notch!

8  Thank Elliestar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrollton
Red Roof Inn Carrollton
General Butler State Resort
Super 8 Carrollton
Super 8 Carrollton
#2 of 7 in Carrollton

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!