All reviews daniel boone buffalo trace catfish private balcony relaxing weekend room was clean revolutionary war pioneer museum lodge fought tv lexington
Reviewed August 7, 2018

The trails aren't much to write home about. They are difficult to find, and the description isn't accurate. We would have been totally lost without the hiking trail map that we picked up at the Restaurant, and even with the map, the trail entrances were not easy to find...so they could definitely improve on their signs. We were also disappointed that the Pioneer Museum was closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. They should probably post the hours on the website so that people know when the museum is actually open. We drove a long way to get here and to be honest, it wasn't worth it. We did however appreciate the monument to the soldiers. We had planned to stay for lunch, but since there wasn't much to do, we ended up leaving before it was time to eat.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

I booked on booking.com a cabin 2 months ago. Yesterday I drove 2 hours with the kids to stay for vacation. When I got there the lady at the front desk said my cabin was already rented out. I showed her the confirmation and she goes “ well we have had a problem with these companies “. Then says she has a room with 2 beds then says oh no we don’t I can call carter caves. Like if I wanted carter caves I would have went there first ! So needless to say we left very angry and drove to Georgetown to stay at a hotel. This is totally unacceptable nobody offered anything like at least a free meal for the gas for driving. Nope didn’t seem like a big deal to these people. Don’t think I will be going back and whatever you do don’t book through anything else but the lodge.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Now mind you my family and I eat here at the Restaurant at least 2 times a month and tonight I was so disappointed and so were the other guests. Their buffet had nothing left but the scrapings. Not even a piece of fried chicken. The dessert bar had nothing left but a little peach cobbler and their ice cream tub had been left out and was melted. My daughter didnt eat. The rest of us tried to eat something since we had to pay 50 for crap. I'm so disappointed!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Kentucky Countr... G
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

We camped at Blue Licks State Park the weekend after July 4th. It was completely full but we appreciated the family atmosphere of the campground (vs loud/party atmosphere that some campgrounds can have when full). Additionally because of the smaller size, we were comfortable letting our kids (elementary age) roam around on their own. The free children’s activities were outstanding over the weekend — a Daniel Boone dramatic monologue, a magician, rock painting. The only downside to this campground is several of the campsites are “backwards”, meaning the picnic table and fire pit are on the opposite side of the camper door.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

We spent one night in our very quiet room, which was very clean and comfirtable but nit fancy, while attending a high school reunion. The buffet dinner offered a good variety of food, artfully prepared and displayed. Servers were friendly and attentive. This was a very interesting stay in a historic setting. We did not have time to visit the museum or other areas of the park.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends