“Awesome Clean Safe Hotel! Great Value! Beautiful Mountain Area. American Owned!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Campton
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Awesome Clean Safe Hotel! Great Value! Beautiful Mountain Area. American Owned!
An huge clean modern hotel room. Great Service! Great Price! American Owned! Beautiful Kentucky Countryside! Great atmosphere with a very safe down home feeling. What more can you ask for! Stay here if you want to be happy with your stay! I travel for a living so I experience all types of hotels so I appreciate it when I find a great clean room and great hotel facility with fantastic service at such a low cost. World Class Service was all I experienced. Going back to stay again next month. Manager Aneisa Fox, Jerry, Sherry and Gladys and their team run this operation the way you it should be. Much appreciated and much enjoyed! Tim

Room Tip: sitting outside of your room at night is peaceful, quite, safe and beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Tim M
Aneisa F, General Manager at Campton Parkway Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Wow! Your review tells it all, I love it! I'm am so pleased that you found everything to your satisfaction. If you would like to try a little local flavor during your next visit, you should check out Music in the Park every Thursday (during summertime) in downtown Campton. They have live Bluegrass Music and local crafts and refreshments. I will pass your compliments along to the staff. We look forward to having you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed there while on a motorcycle ride through the Red River Gorge 7/25/14 and I would highly recommend this place. Usually places priced like this one are a little run down, not so clean, and even smell. This place is very clean and smells clean. staff was extremely nice and helpful. Next ride through that area we will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank cbstrunk
Thank you for staying with us and for your positive review! We pride ourselves on our attention to cleanliness and service. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here and we will be happy to have you stay with us again next time.
Campton, Kentucky
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed here in May, climbing nearby. Very pleasantly surprised, rooms are simple but well maintained and clean, obviously these guys take pride in their establishment. Some have noted problems with wifi, it seemed to reach my room just fine. Breakfast is simple, quiet area. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Toby L L
Aneisa F, General Manager at Campton Parkway Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I am glad that we were able to meet or exceed your expectations. Our staff tries very hard to meet all our guests' needs and you are right we ~do~ take pride in what we do. During the last six months we have really put forth an effort to improve in a wide variety of areas. One of those areas was upgrading to fiber optic for our Wi-Fi, which has helped with the reception. We are very lucky to have some extremely dedicated housekeepers who go above and beyond to keep our rooms amazingly clean. I'm so happy you were pleased and thanks again for staying with us!
Loveland, Ohio
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed here in November and were pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting much, but this hotel was nice and clean, the bed was comfortable, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. They did tell us that the complimentary breakfast wasn't much, so we had breakfast elsewhere. I would stay here again as they are very reasonably priced, especially compared to other places in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SuzieQLoveland
Aneisa F, Manager at Campton Parkway Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here! I am disappointed if someone on our staff said our breakfast "wasn't much", as I've recently tried to upgrade and add more, and better, healthy breakfast choices. Maybe they thought you wanted bacon and eggs;-) In another response, I listed everything we offered at breakfast this morning. If you read that, I think you may find that you might have enjoyed breakfasting with us, as well as saved yourself some money! Thank you for the favorable review, and I hope that you stay with us again.
Thanks,
Williamson, West Virginia
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Although i have not stayed here, this review is meant to describe the surroundings in this hotel. I got the chance to talk to the marketing personnel about using TripAdvisor to reach out to a larger audience.
The place is scene, quiet and the workers are helpful at all times.
I am hoping that my next trip, i will actually get to stay at this place for days.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alolgas
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We paid $89.95 + tax for a room with two double beds. As someone else mentioned, there was no wifi in the room (we were told the signal would reach the lobby and immediately adjacent rooms and parking lot - seriously, the attendant suggested we could sit in our car and use our laptop!), which I consider a given for a $90 room. Likewise for in-room coffee service and a mini refrigerator. If the room had been $69.95, I would have no complaints. At this price point, however, I consider these items to be standard/expected. I thought the bed was comfortable enough, but the sheets were thin and stiff (remarkably so - I'm not too picky when it comes to sheets, so long as they're clean, but these were cheap enough to catch my attention). Oh, and someone else mentioned the "continental breakfast" - ha! I didn't even try it after the attendant advised it was "Little Debbie snacks and some sort of fruit." My S.O. advised there was toast and butter in addition to the packaged snack cakes and oranges. Coffee, no juices. It was blissfully quiet in the room, which surprised me, considering the motel was full (we stayed there Labor Day weekend). And it didn't smell like stale cigarette smoke (the room was non-smoking, but that usually makes little difference, it seems). It's a good option if you're visiting the Red River Gorge and the state park lodge is booked.

Room Tip: If you want wifi, request a room very close to the lobby.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanieincincy
Thank you for staying with us! We are now under new management. I would like to address a couple of your comments.

con′tinen′tal break′fast
n.
a light breakfast consisting typically of coffee and bread or rolls.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

-We now offer a variety of breads, a variety of fruit juices, pastries, fresh fruit (when it's available, this is a small town) as well as coffee and tea. I feel that this adequately covers "continental breakfast"
-The type of room that you stayed in does is fact normally rent for $69.95 plus tax. The reason you paid a higher price was because it was Labor Day Weekend. Most hotels raise their rates on holidays, this is standard practice for much of the industry.
-Amenities such as refrigerators and full-size coffee pots, plus many other personal/hygiene items, are available upon request at the front desk.
-We recently had the Wi-Fi extended throughout the building and just today I called and asked for upgrade to a faster connection. I do apologize that this was not up to standards at the time of your stay.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience or lack of amenities that you may have encountered during your previous stay, I do hope you will give us another chance!
Crestwood, Kentucky
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here this past weekend and were thankful for clean accommodation but disappointed with the lack of amenities. When I say amenities I mean the very basics. There were no ironing boards or irons which would have been very helpful for ironing our clothes due to the fact that we were there for a funeral. When we tried to order delivery, all of the menus in the room were to places that had gone out of business. NO ONE delivers here. There are some places on the Jackson/Hazard exit to eat at - Fast food joints. They advertise wifi but the only place we could get it was in the lobby area and the signal was weak. Close to Natural bridge and reasonably priced. Don't come here if you are looking to be impressed.

Room Tip: All adjoining rooms are on the second floor FYI !!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Daydreamer050709
I'm sorry you did not find your stay here satisfactory. I wish you had brought your concerns to the attention of the staff. We ~do~ have amenities available upon request, including the iron and ironing board that you mentioned. In the past, we have had a problem with items disappearing out of rooms, that is why we keep them secured. We now have informational pages in the rooms advising guests of the availability of such items. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about the fact that there aren't currently any restaurants that deliver to us. This is a small town with limited dining choices. We recently extended our Wi-Fi throughout the building and upgraded to a higher speed. We have had many, many guests tell us that they ~were impressed~ with our hotel. People are often very pleasantly surprised to find accommodations as nice as ours in this area and I'm very sorry we didn't meet your expectations.

Campton Parkway Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campton
Cliffview Resort
Cliffview Resort
#1 of 2 in Campton
Natural Bridge State Resort Park
Black Bear Lodge Motel

Been to Campton Parkway Inn? Share your experiences!