“Hotel Accomodation in Campton”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Campton
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Although i have not stayed here, this review is meant to describe the surroundings in this hotel. I got the chance to talk to the marketing personnel about using TripAdvisor to reach out to a larger audience.
The place is scene, quiet and the workers are helpful at all times.
I am hoping that my next trip, i will actually get to stay at this place for days.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alolgas

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We paid $89.95 + tax for a room with two double beds. As someone else mentioned, there was no wifi in the room (we were told the signal would reach the lobby and immediately adjacent rooms and parking lot - seriously, the attendant suggested we could sit in our car and use our laptop!), which I consider a given for a $90 room. Likewise for in-room coffee service and a mini refrigerator. If the room had been $69.95, I would have no complaints. At this price point, however, I consider these items to be standard/expected. I thought the bed was comfortable enough, but the sheets were thin and stiff (remarkably so - I'm not too picky when it comes to sheets, so long as they're clean, but these were cheap enough to catch my attention). Oh, and someone else mentioned the "continental breakfast" - ha! I didn't even try it after the attendant advised it was "Little Debbie snacks and some sort of fruit." My S.O. advised there was toast and butter in addition to the packaged snack cakes and oranges. Coffee, no juices. It was blissfully quiet in the room, which surprised me, considering the motel was full (we stayed there Labor Day weekend). And it didn't smell like stale cigarette smoke (the room was non-smoking, but that usually makes little difference, it seems). It's a good option if you're visiting the Red River Gorge and the state park lodge is booked.

Room Tip: If you want wifi, request a room very close to the lobby.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanieincincy
Aneisa F, Manager at Campton Parkway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! We are now under new management. I would like to address a couple of your comments.

con′tinen′tal break′fast
n.
a light breakfast consisting typically of coffee and bread or rolls.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

-We now offer a variety of breads, a variety of fruit juices, pastries, fresh fruit (when it's available, this is a small town) as well as coffee and tea. I feel that this adequately covers "continental breakfast"
-The type of room that you stayed in does is fact normally rent for $69.95 plus tax. The reason you paid a higher price was because it was Labor Day Weekend. Most hotels raise their rates on holidays, this is standard practice for much of the industry.
-Amenities such as refrigerators and full-size coffee pots, plus many other personal/hygiene items, are available upon request at the front desk.
-We recently had the Wi-Fi extended throughout the building and just today I called and asked for upgrade to a faster connection. I do apologize that this was not up to standards at the time of your stay.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience or lack of amenities that you may have encountered during your previous stay, I do hope you will give us another chance!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here this past weekend and were thankful for clean accommodation but disappointed with the lack of amenities. When I say amenities I mean the very basics. There were no ironing boards or irons which would have been very helpful for ironing our clothes due to the fact that we were there for a funeral. When we tried to order delivery, all of the menus in the room were to places that had gone out of business. NO ONE delivers here. There are some places on the Jackson/Hazard exit to eat at - Fast food joints. They advertise wifi but the only place we could get it was in the lobby area and the signal was weak. Close to Natural bridge and reasonably priced. Don't come here if you are looking to be impressed.

Room Tip: All adjoining rooms are on the second floor FYI !!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Daydreamer050709

I'm sorry you did not find your stay here satisfactory. I wish you had brought your concerns to the attention of the staff. We ~do~ have amenities available upon request, including the iron and ironing board that you mentioned. In the past, we have had a problem with items disappearing out of rooms, that is why we keep them secured. We now have informational pages in the rooms advising guests of the availability of such items. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about the fact that there aren't currently any restaurants that deliver to us. This is a small town with limited dining choices. We recently extended our Wi-Fi throughout the building and upgraded to a higher speed. We have had many, many guests tell us that they ~were impressed~ with our hotel. People are often very pleasantly surprised to find accommodations as nice as ours in this area and I'm very sorry we didn't meet your expectations.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

First, I'll say the staff was friendly and Housekeeping did an Excellent job of keeping the rooms clean. But that is where it stops. The beds and pillows we so uncomfortable that I was awake most of the night! The T.V. wouldn't work most of the time, and they only had basic, NO movie channels, so when it did work it was mostly commercials. And if that wasn't enough, they should not be allowed to call what they served as continental breakfast; a few kinds of pastry and coffee...which you will Not get in your room because there isn't even a coffee pot.
Maybe if you pay enough for the rooms with a Whirlpool you get better accommodations, I don't know, but we will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't..
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank anna198921

Again, maybe some people are not clear on what the definition of a continental breakfast is.

con′tinen′tal break′fast
n.
a light breakfast consisting typically of coffee and bread or rolls.

The variety of items we have available for breakfast in fact goes above and beyond this commonly accepted definition of ~continental breakfast~. This morning we had white bread, wheat bread, whole grain raisin bread, butter, strawberry and grape jelly, blueberry muffins, cinnamon rolls, honey buns, and 2 different kinds of donuts. For drinks we have Maxwell House coffee (with sugar, splenda, and creamer), Lipton tea, and both orange juice and apple juice as well as bottled water. We also had fresh oranges and bananas. This is typical of what we have every morning. We are under new management, so perhaps this variety of choices was not available at the time of your stay, and if that is the case I do apologize that your expectations were not met.

Our cable contract is with Direct TV. Most of our rooms have 32" HD Digital LCD Flat Screen TV's. We are currently subscribed to the Commercial Entertainment Package, as well the ESPN Sports Package. Together, these packages deliver over 100 popular channels for our customers enjoyment. Again, this is above and beyond what many hotels, especially in this area, have to offer. Most hotels subscribe to the commercial In-Room choice package, that offers less than half of what we have. From time to time, we do have elderly people who need help figuring out the remotes, and our friendly and courteous staff always go the room and personally get them straightened out.

Again, coffee pots, irons and ironing boards, hair dryers, etc. are available at the front desk upon request. I encourage our guests to speak up if they're needs aren't being met. We strive to meet every guest's needs whenever possible. I'm sorry you've decided not to stay here again, best wishes and good luck finding better accommodations in this area.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

We have stayed here two different times to meet up with our tour group. It is basic, but very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. We'll be staying again in a few weeks.

Room Tip: You may want to stay closer to the office for good wi-fi connection.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynn60
Reviewed October 13, 2009

UGH. I had to use bathroom first thing and I saw that the floor still had the previous persons hair(S)..lots of them... all over the floor. That was not a good sign.
..I am one to check for bedbugs and such b4 bringing in any luggage/bags. Even 'nice' places can fall victim. As soon as I pulled back blanket and top sheet I saw a stain on fitted sheet...NO not a stain...it was chocolate from someones hands. Upon looking further --there was more on sheet. Then I saw the hairs...The sheets hadnt been changed AT ALL..!! The bed had been "made", but not with anything laundered. I called front desk and was told that they would put me in another room once I bring down room key.....while I was trudging my tired butt down to front desk mumbling under my beat from hiking breath I came upon desk manager who told me she was looking for room for me. She wasnt having any luck as the cleaning crew apparently flunked Basic Housecleaning 101. She had me follow her from room to room toting my getting heavier by the minute gear all the way. Three rooms and a tour of two floors later I was given a room (finally !) TWO doors down from where I started !! There was never an apology...no compensation for my better than deserved attitude. NADA....!!!!
OH YEAH !!! Dont fall for the "Continental Breakfast"...seriously !!! It was weak (looked like tea) coffee and Little Debbie Snack Cakes !!!!! Better off buying something to eat at gas station !!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank curlysueb50
Reviewed May 8, 2009

We are a young couple on a budget! We stayed one night as an alternative to camping in the Red River Gorge park. This hotel exceeded our expectations - the bathroom was spotlessly clean and the staff was nice. It is practically the only hotel in the area and there are very few restaurants, but staff was very helpful about giving recommendations and directions. The price was very cheap and based on other Tripadvisor reviews, we made reservations.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campton
Cliffview Resort
Cliffview Resort
#1 of 2 in Campton
Natural Bridge State Resort Park
Black Bear Lodge Motel

Been to Campton Parkway Inn? Share your experiences!