“Great Test”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Test”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Torrent Falls Via Ferrata course is a great first rock-climbing experience. My son and I attended with his boy scout troop - about 50 kids/adults. They did a great job with such a large group. There are several areas of difficulty (area 2 is probably the easiest since area 1 starts out with a near straight up climb; area 6 is the most difficult). There are plenty of rebar hand/foot holds which allow you to litterly hang off the side of a sheer cliff. My son and I were both first time climbers (he's 11); it was a great test of anyone's climbing potential.

Corydon, Indiana, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Rappelling Torrent Falls Style!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

What a great way to spend some time with my teenage daughters. We launched on a three day Daddy daughter adventure and found ourselves rappelling this 130' waterfall. Our guide Daniel provided all the gear and all the training for us. With one low price, my daughters and I were rappelling for the first time. An awesome experience we will never forget.

Eaton Rapids
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Unique experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

My 13 year old son and I spent the day on the Via Ferrata course. We had never done any rock climbing. This is a great way to see if you are able to overcome your fear of heights without spending a lot of money. We paid a total of $67 for the two of us and were allowed to climb all day. I felt this was a great value.
There are six sections on the course and one is able to get down between sections. We liked doing a couple sections and then taking a break before going back at it. There are two easy sections, an intermediate, two hard and an expert section. My 13 year old was able to complete one of the hard sections as well as intermediate and the two easy. All of them are high off the ground but you are safe if you follow the rules. You are attached to a steel cable at all times by at least one clip. You switch one clip at a time each time you get to an anchor point on the cable. It was amazing to watch my son's confidence grow throughout the day.
Via Ferrata at Torrent Falls was the first Via Ferrata course in the US. My son thanked me so many times for taking him to Torrent Falls. We will be returning our next time in Kentucky. Our plans are to do the Via Ferrata and Rappelling combo on our next trip.
The staff was friendly and helpful when needed. However the great thing about the Via Ferrata is that you are on your own after a simple instructional session.

Lexington, KY
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Thrilling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I are in a thrill seeking period of our lives. Torrent Falls did not disappoint. We got the Via Ferrata/rappelling climbing package. Loved the rappelling but our fear of heights got the best of us on the climbing course. Great value!! One price lets you spend the day on the course.

1 Thank angnott
Louisa, Kentucky
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Rockclimbing heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Rock climbers come here by the scores in the spring and summer. This is a privately owned place and only the climbers who stay there get to use the rocks there on the property. If you ever get the chance to go,then please do.