“Perfect”

Days Inn Calvert City
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Calvert City
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I needed to visit some relatives in Paducah but didn't want to stay there..this hotel/exit was exactly what I was looking for. Wasn't lot of money like bigger cities, but room was just as good. Main pros - bed was cozy, room was clean. Main cons - breakfast didn't have some things I'm used to but maybe it's just a Days Inn thing. Oh this place doesn't have a fitness center but they got gym privileges, which I didn't get a chance to use b/c I was just staying one night so might want to check that out. Cracker Barrel great food next door. I've found my place to stay when traveling through...this is a nice, quiet, safe place.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank bulletbender
daysinn-ccky, Manager at Days Inn Calvert City, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

Thank You for you kind review! It's reviews like yours that motivates us to keep our property nice and clean. Once again, I am glad that you had a lovely stay at our hotel, like most of our customers do. Please make us your home away from home, and come and visit us again!

Reviewed November 9, 2010

Nasty hotel. Dirty and Roach infested. Towels so thin you can read the paper throught them. My socks are thicker than their pillows. Mattress harder than the floor and urine soaked. Bathroom dirty and stained. Room has strong smell. The only reason we stayed was we were with a conference that made the reservations and we had 12 rooms and could not find a place to relocate. Their breakfast was a couple of kinds of ceral, donuts, toast and a waffle machine that didn't work. watered down juice. The people at the front desk were nice and when you complained they just bowed their head.
They knew the problems but they needed their jobs so they had to live with the problems.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mellowmoon
daysinn-ccky, General Manager at Days Inn Calvert City, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2010

I apologize for your inconvenient stay at our hotel. Please accept my apologies. I didn't know you had so many problems. You did log a complaint about your room not being cleaned, but am really unaware of all this other problems you had. I know we had a misunderstanding between you and the housekeeper about coming back later to clean the room. But once you called the front desk, I did call the housekeeper in from their home to clean your room. However I am really unaware of the other problems, especially the cleaniness of our rooms and the breakfast, we have never had any problems with our breakfast. It is a continental breakfast, we don't have full breakfast, so all the items you described are in a continental breakfast. Also checked the waffle machine which is working perfectly. So consequiently, I am disappointed you had a rough time at our hotel. Like I said, the only problem I was aware of was the housekeeping, and I fixed that. Thank You!

Reviewed September 11, 2010

Good hotel for travellers, fishermen, quilters and golfers. Good boat parking. Nice pool. Freindly and accomidating staff. Room are nice and have been redone, Resteraunts within within walking distance. washer and dryer on site. Nice breakfast room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank BSmith2010

Thank you very much for your kind review. Hope we can continue providing excellent service to all our guests.

Reviewed September 1, 2010

We spent 3 nights and had two rooms, one a king and one a double bed room. The rooms were clean and spacious, and had frig and micro. All beds were comfortable and clean with decent bedding. The breakfast was good, waffles cereal toast juices etc. Staff were polite and friendly. The a/c heat in the rooms is older and worked slowly, but did work effectively. Pool is small but very clean. Expedia gave us a nice price and this was a great weekend stay. A real bargain! Will stay again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ladylikesrotts

Thank you for your nice review. We always strive to make our rooms as clean as possible and never false advertise. I really appreciate it, and hope to see you soon as our hotel.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

The room we stayed in was not clean. The carpet was filthy, bathroom was dirty and had a very strong urine smell. The towels were so thread bare you could see through them and they stunk. I would not recommend this hotel. Spend a few more dollars and stay somewhere nicer. The mattress was hard as a rock and made my back hurt.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
daysinn-ccky, General Manager at Days Inn Calvert City, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2010

Thank you for your response. Most of our guests have a very positive experience at our hotel, especially our cleaniness, so I do apologize for the negative experience you had at our hotel. We take pride in the cleaniness of our rooms. Unfortunately there is not enough information such as your name and date of stay, so I can try to check into the problem you had. We are due to change our matteresses at the end of this year, so I do apologize for that. I feel like if I was given a chance to corrent the problem, by logging the complaint during your stay, it would help us solve the problems, if any. I would still like your response on your full name, date of stay, and room #, if possible, so I can still check on the room. Thank You!!

Reviewed March 11, 2010

This hotel has gone through renovations. Beds were very comfortable, and rooms were very quiet. I stayed for 4 nights and had a very satisfying stay. All rooms have fridges and microwaves. Very clean rooms. Service was the best part, a few days I was late for breakfast, but the clerk was nice enough to ask me and get me what I wanted from the breakfast. Will definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Jazzie99

Thank you for your response. We at the Days Inn are very appreciative of your positive response and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2009

We stayed here for one night and it is not very nice. When we first arrived, I just skimmed over the room and didn't think it was too bad. Later on that evening, my three year old started to not feel well. I laid down on one of the beds with him and noticed a brown crusty substance on the blanket. I called the front desk and asked for a clean blanket, I was told that they would bring me one shortly.

Two hours later, no blanket. I called again, this time I was told that they had no clean blankets. So I lay him down in the other bed, well that blanket had a stain that looked just like the other one. So we had no blankets to sleep under, just a thin sheet.

Hubby noticed that the box springs were nasty as all get out, nasty stains all over them. This place is definately in need of new matresses and box springs. They also need to have clean blankets on hand and clean blankets on the bed. I guess they don't wash the blankets very often....nasty!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
#2 of 4 in Grand Rivers
Econo Lodge Gilbertsville
Econo Lodge Gilbertsville
#5 of 6 in Gilbertsville

Been to Days Inn Calvert City? Share your experiences!