“3 times”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Calvert City
ohio
“3 times”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I have family in Calvert City and this is close to them and Kentucky Lake area.
The first time I stayed here was end of May. Had 2 double beds, room and bath were clean and comfortable on second floor. The breakfast bar is sufficient. Pastries, waffles, cereal and coffee and other beverages plus small in room coffee maker. 2nd time in June had another room with 2 doubles on first floor and same good experience though shower water fluctuated a little between warm and cold.
Stayed a 3rd time over Labor day weekend, reserved a king size bed on ground level. Got to use the pool this time, very relaxing, clean and heated. Our rooms were always clean though hotel rooms always have that certain smell but you get use to it.
I did leave a note that the toilet was loose at the floor. House keeping comes around requesting fresh towels in late morning and makes room up while you are gone. What I like best about this Days Inn is you have parking right outside your door and the prices I can not pass up. It's a good value for my money which is hard to find these days.

Room Tip: reserve on line if possible and request what you want. Over Labor Day weekend, did go to the Bison...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank kezna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed September 25, 2011

TV very snowy. Shower curtain falling off the wall. And as one of the other reviewers said, the pillows are flat. It is a quiet and safe area. And there is a Cracker Barrel across the street. The room was just not very clean. The employees were helpful.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank kathie706
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Stayed here on family trip out west, two rooms, one night, front desk lady screamed at my children for using the waffle maker, our mistake noone under 16 allowed to use it, instead of nicely showing concern we were made to feel like children our selves, I complained to her she cursed me, I asked for manager none there I was told. Coupled with unclean rooms and overpriced , not worth it, Do not waste your hard earned money

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Superbeeiii

Travelers are raving about these Calvert City hotels

Babson Park, FL
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed here one night on a long drive from Florida to Wisconsin and back. The rooms were pretty spartan and I must admit our foot towel for the shower was "fringed." The carpet was clean, however, and there was a fridge. There were waffles in addition to cereal and juice, bagels/toast for breakfast. The TV quality was also poor with a lot of snow which is something I haven't seen in a while. Overall, it was fine for what we needed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank rplove5662
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I needed to visit some relatives in Paducah but didn't want to stay there..this hotel/exit was exactly what I was looking for. Wasn't lot of money like bigger cities, but room was just as good. Main pros - bed was cozy, room was clean. Main cons - breakfast didn't have some things I'm used to but maybe it's just a Days Inn thing. Oh this place doesn't have a fitness center but they got gym privileges, which I didn't get a chance to use b/c I was just staying one night so might want to check that out. Cracker Barrel great food next door. I've found my place to stay when traveling through...this is a nice, quiet, safe place.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank bulletbender
daysinn-ccky, Manager at Days Inn Calvert City, responded to this review, April 19, 2011
Thank You for you kind review! It's reviews like yours that motivates us to keep our property nice and clean. Once again, I am glad that you had a lovely stay at our hotel, like most of our customers do. Please make us your home away from home, and come and visit us again!
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Nasty hotel. Dirty and Roach infested. Towels so thin you can read the paper throught them. My socks are thicker than their pillows. Mattress harder than the floor and urine soaked. Bathroom dirty and stained. Room has strong smell. The only reason we stayed was we were with a conference that made the reservations and we had 12 rooms and could not find a place to relocate. Their breakfast was a couple of kinds of ceral, donuts, toast and a waffle machine that didn't work. watered down juice. The people at the front desk were nice and when you complained they just bowed their head.
They knew the problems but they needed their jobs so they had to live with the problems.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mellowmoon
daysinn-ccky, General Manager at Days Inn Calvert City, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
I apologize for your inconvenient stay at our hotel. Please accept my apologies. I didn't know you had so many problems. You did log a complaint about your room not being cleaned, but am really unaware of all this other problems you had. I know we had a misunderstanding between you and the housekeeper about coming back later to clean the room. But once you called the front desk, I did call the housekeeper in from their home to clean your room. However I am really unaware of the other problems, especially the cleaniness of our rooms and the breakfast, we have never had any problems with our breakfast. It is a continental breakfast, we don't have full breakfast, so all the items you described are in a continental breakfast. Also checked the waffle machine which is working perfectly. So consequiently, I am disappointed you had a rough time at our hotel. Like I said, the only problem I was aware of was the housekeeping, and I fixed that. Thank You!
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Good hotel for travellers, fishermen, quilters and golfers. Good boat parking. Nice pool. Freindly and accomidating staff. Room are nice and have been redone, Resteraunts within within walking distance. washer and dryer on site. Nice breakfast room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank BSmith2010
Thank you very much for your kind review. Hope we can continue providing excellent service to all our guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calvert City
#5 of 6 in Gilbertsville
Super 8 Eddyville
Super 8 Eddyville
#1 of 3 in Eddyville

Been to Days Inn Calvert City? Share your experiences!