“Love it”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Love it”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Being as we live down the road from here, we are here an awful lot. Very reasonably priced. The boys know exactly where we are going when we get out the blankets and load the truck up and are bouncing in their seats the whole way there. Burgers are awesome. We usually dress the kids in their jammies and they fall asleep after the first movie. We love it

Visited August 2013
1 Thank JenAnn85

Herrin, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Nostalgia but still high tech”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I just recently discovered this little jewel in Western Kentucky this summer. When I was a kid, there wasn't a drive-in anywhere near my home town, so I missed out on this experience. I can't help but think that, while I'm sure the price is a bit higher than it was back in the "hey-day" of the drive-in, the picture I saw was likely much better than what they had back then. I never would have thought I'd be looking at a digital picture, but that's what they have at Calvert City Drive-in, located just north of Interstate 24 (you can see it from the road if you're driving toward the west) in Calvert City, KY. Movies begin at sun down each evening. In mid-summer, that's usually 8:45 p.m.

As I mentioned earlier, it costs a bit more than it once did, but you're still going to be in the gate spending less than you'd spend at a movie theater. The price for admission is $7 for adults 12 years and over. Children 11 and under get in free. That price is for TWO (2) movies- a double feature, which you won't find anywhere else. And make your wallet a little happier, their concession stand is very reasonably priced. You can get popcorn in 4 different sizes from 50 cents to a large for $3. Fountain drinks are available from $0.50 to $1.50 for a 32oz drink. Candy and chips are only $0.90. You can't beat that.

The good thing about this concession stand is that they offer more than just the typical things. You can order hamburgers ($2.60), cheeseburgers ($2.90), hotdogs ($1.50), cheesedogs ($2.60), grilled cheese ($1.25), or you can even order pizza by the slice or a whole pie ($10.50 for a 16in cheese pizza). For dessert, you can get pints of ice cream for $2 or novelties for only $0.75. They open the concession stand long before the movie starts (5:00 pm on most nights), so you can go and have dinner and settle in before the movie begins.

As I mentioned above, the picture quality was excellent. They have a digital projector, which allows them to show all of the current new release movies. I'm not certain of the dimensions of the screen, but it was a large picture. They offer audio through the old, conventional speakers you hand over your window OR for better quality audio you can use the speakers of your car by tuning your radio to 88.3 FM. We had a larger group of folks who went with us, so we took lawn chairs and sat in front of our vehicles. We took a battery-operated stereo with us and tuned it to 88.3 and provided sound for our entire group. It worked very well.

Overall, our experience was excellent. I would highly recommend it. We're going back soon.

Visited June 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A great family night for a better price!!!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We have been to the drive-in several times! They always have good current movies! Usually play the family friendly movie first, if there is one. Always 2 movies!

$7 per person, kids under 12(I think) are free!

They don't care what coolers/food you bring in. Better yet..... They have burgers and pizza... I haven't had them, but I am told they are good. You can call and order ahead if you like!

I bring a few waters, and plan to buy snacks and sodas there. It is not like a movie theater where popcorn is $5 for a small. Good prices on the snacks, but go early or wait a bit for the movie to get started and the line won't be so bad.

This is a must in Western KY!

Visited June 2013