“Wish I had booked 2 nights!!!”

Barbwire & Roses B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calvert City
Barbwire & Roses B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Calvert City B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is now my #1 B& B!!!. We are already planning a return trip! Carrie and Lorna are terrific hosts. Words are inadequate to express how I enjoyed this place! I loved the western and horse themes. The food was outstanding- much better than those motel breakfasts!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the suite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Edward W
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I surprised my boyfriend with a getaway here. He loved it so much we are planning a trip back. The overall appearance is refreshing and different than a lot of other B&B. Most of the time they have flower wallpaper and girlish accents, somethings that doesn't appeal to a man. With Barbwire and Roses, it was a rustic cabin with a feel for the inner cowboy/girl. The hostesses were amazing, down-earthed women and very big hearted. They actual cared to know about you and give you a homely welcome. The stay was so comforting and relaxing, it was like home away from home. Their breakfast was also very exceptional as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmberSapoff
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Everything you could want in a Bed and Breakfast and MORE!!!!!!

Absolutely loved this place the first time I saw it, couldn't believe I am from Calvert City and didn't even know it was there til now. My new #1 recommendation to our out of town guest.

BUT EVEN BETTER, My husband and I were married here last weekend. Carrie was a pleasure to work with, allowing my vision to become possible. Her amazing 'From Scratch' breakfast kept me and my family full and energized through the late afternoon ceremony. The fall leaves and sunset, beautiful barn and fields, and amazing deck and country charm made for the perfect 'country wedding'. Not to mention our ROCKIN' reception with a live band. This place really is where your wildest dreams can come true.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicole W
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is THE BEST bed and breakfast I've ever stayed in. It is better in person,
Carrie is very down to earth & you feel like family. Wonderful, cozy home that
makes you feel special. Beautiful view of the country but not too far of a drive
from the interstate. Already making my return reservation!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JenHWinchesterTN
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Carrie Smith is an authentic American character. She runs the home she grew up in as a bed and breakfast which she has renovated and decorated herself in her own unique taste. Absolutely beautiful and you will think you are on a ranch in Wyoming. This is a one-of-a-kind accomodation in a lot of ways, but it is comfortable and homey AND has wi-fi and cable television. I stayed in the suite which is very beautiful. There is a view of paddocks and fields from the bedroom that is breathtaking. There are decks to relax on and a delicious hot southern breakfast. If you are travelling with horses and/or dogs, Carrie can accomodate you (with advance notice, I presume). As a fan of anonymous hotel rooms, this was one bed and breakfast experience I would not have missed for the world. I should add that the house is immaculate.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
#2 of 2 in Calvert City
Patti's Inn & Suites
Patti's Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Grand Rivers

Been to Barbwire & Roses B&B? Share your experiences!