My family stayed at this property for a family reunion. This is a big event that happens every 2 years and we stay ad different locations depending on where the person in charge for the current reuntion wants to take us. We had 126 people there for a week for this reunion. The experience at prozer point was overall pretty good and there were some pluses.
1. I found the staff to be very friendly (big plus)
2. LOTS of kid friendly things to do. Bouncy pillow, 2 pools (one for adults and one zero entry for kids were clean and well maintained. Putt Putt golf and pedal cars were fun for the kids. But they were poorly maintained.
3. The site was really nice with good views of the lake and several diferent types of accommodations that our family needed.
BUT...there are some negatives.
1. Many of our family members said their accommodagions were very dirty when they checked in and had obviously not been cleaned. In fact all family members said their cabins were not clean. Floors not clean and similar housekeeping things not what were expected.
2. Several cabins had mice. Visible mice and mice droppings in the rooms are definitely not customer friendly.
3. In July air conditioning is very important especially to our older family members. The air conditioning did not work in some of the cabins and was not repaired during our stay.
4. The signs on the pool gates said they were open unti 10 pm but customers were run out of the pools around 8:30 pm. In fact, many of the advertised items were not quite as advertised after check-in. Nothing really serious but just a little askew. For example, if you want to do any of the things available other than use the swimming pool you have to buy a wrist band for an additional $15.
5. Rental rates for golf carts were VERY high compared to othere places where our family has stayed for our reunions. We usually pay about $150 for the week but here the charge was $50 per day. And even if the golf cart was rented for the whole week it was required to be returned by 8 pm each evening. This has not been the case at other resorts.
6. There were some problems with family members who had paid in full for their accommodations at the time they made reservations only to find they were required to pay additioal amounts when they checked in with no explanation for the increase.
7. The marina restaurant would be a good place to eat of you could get service. My wife, grandchild and I waited for a long time to even get a menu when only one other table had guests. We never did get a menu and finally left to eat at a nice little restaurant about 6 miles away.
8. Do not count on the Wi Fi working. The only place most of our family members could get connected was at the marina.
Since we require a LOT of space for the number of family members who attend these reunions were have to find places large enough who can accommodate us. This place definitely has the space but with just a little more attention to managing the property properly regarding cleanliness and some maintenance it would be a lot better place to stay. Our family will probably be willing to go back for another stay but we will have our eyes open a little wider regarding the drawbacks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kentucky Lakes / Prizer Point KOA Campground is located in Western Kentucky on the shores of Lake Barkley. We offer a full service camping resort including a marina and dozens of amenities. Resort guests can enjoy boat rentals, kayaking, a jumping pillow, miniature golf, hiking trails and more. We have campsites with 50 amp service, tent sites for those who prefer them and several different kinds of cabins ranging from our basic tree house cabins to huge three bedroom cottages. We are the perfect location for Family Reunions and large groups, ask about our group rates, with something for everyone to do no matter what age. We have a large pavilion that is a perfect area for those family get-together sand potlucks meals. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Prizer Point Marina Hotel Cadiz
- Prizer Point Marina And Resort
- Prizer Point Marina Cadiz