“Good stay but some negatives”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cadiz
Kentucky Lakes / Prizer Point KOA
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My family stayed at this property for a family reunion. This is a big event that happens every 2 years and we stay ad different locations depending on where the person in charge for the current reuntion wants to take us. We had 126 people there for a week for this reunion. The experience at prozer point was overall pretty good and there were some pluses.

1. I found the staff to be very friendly (big plus)

2. LOTS of kid friendly things to do. Bouncy pillow, 2 pools (one for adults and one zero entry for kids were clean and well maintained. Putt Putt golf and pedal cars were fun for the kids. But they were poorly maintained.

3. The site was really nice with good views of the lake and several diferent types of accommodations that our family needed.

BUT...there are some negatives.

1. Many of our family members said their accommodagions were very dirty when they checked in and had obviously not been cleaned. In fact all family members said their cabins were not clean. Floors not clean and similar housekeeping things not what were expected.

2. Several cabins had mice. Visible mice and mice droppings in the rooms are definitely not customer friendly.

3. In July air conditioning is very important especially to our older family members. The air conditioning did not work in some of the cabins and was not repaired during our stay.

4. The signs on the pool gates said they were open unti 10 pm but customers were run out of the pools around 8:30 pm. In fact, many of the advertised items were not quite as advertised after check-in. Nothing really serious but just a little askew. For example, if you want to do any of the things available other than use the swimming pool you have to buy a wrist band for an additional $15.

5. Rental rates for golf carts were VERY high compared to othere places where our family has stayed for our reunions. We usually pay about $150 for the week but here the charge was $50 per day. And even if the golf cart was rented for the whole week it was required to be returned by 8 pm each evening. This has not been the case at other resorts.

6. There were some problems with family members who had paid in full for their accommodations at the time they made reservations only to find they were required to pay additioal amounts when they checked in with no explanation for the increase.

7. The marina restaurant would be a good place to eat of you could get service. My wife, grandchild and I waited for a long time to even get a menu when only one other table had guests. We never did get a menu and finally left to eat at a nice little restaurant about 6 miles away.

8. Do not count on the Wi Fi working. The only place most of our family members could get connected was at the marina.

Since we require a LOT of space for the number of family members who attend these reunions were have to find places large enough who can accommodate us. This place definitely has the space but with just a little more attention to managing the property properly regarding cleanliness and some maintenance it would be a lot better place to stay. Our family will probably be willing to go back for another stay but we will have our eyes open a little wider regarding the drawbacks.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Deputy31

Reviewed August 13, 2010

We arrived at this resort with unease after reading prior reviews. We booked a bungalow cabin, brought our 21" boat & 2 kids. We booked it because they had vacancies & our trip was last minute. They have a lot to do there for kids.
We arrived under the cloak of darkness to find a man walking down the road holding his laptop out in front of him. He had a lost look, slowing turning, spinning, looking up to the sky. I said "look honey, they have laptop zombies here!" Hubby was not amused as we had been driving for 20 minutes around the resort trying to find our "cabin" They have small signs on them & you have to get out to find your spot with a powerful light or ask a drunken camper where it is.
Ok- day comes. What a dirty cabin. The linens were new. They beds did have bedbug covers that were loud but we left them on & slept ok. That's the only positive I have to say. I have been in old cabins that were at least clean. These were semi-new mobile homes actually sitting up on concrete blocks! They actually MOVED all the time. They seemed to be sliding down the hill, slowly, with all of us inside, following the laptop zombies right down the road. I brought cleaning supplies because of the reviews but where to begin? The entire cabin needed a DEEP cleaning. We decided just to stay out of it all day if possible. Dirt/dust balls the size of peas going all the way up the walls from the vents, cobwebs (bugs included)black filth on the AC vents with the same pea dust balls, ants on parade, dishes so dirty in the cubbards we were so thankful we screwed over the environment & brought disposable everything.
Ok- lets sum this up
Pros: Nice spot on the lake. NIce boat slips, seems secure enough but no night security, our boat was not tampered with. We felt management was friendly & responsive. (our only request was bug spray -yes for INSIDE the "cabin"- we did not sense rudeness) Very nice variety of kids activities. Very pretty setting. Clean setting.
Cons: NICKEL & DIME TO DEATH RESORT! Cabin renters should get a courtesy slip- not be charged daily. Cabin renters should get a clean cabin. Cabin renters should not be charged to use the pool or facilities- that is INSANE. Pool should not have black grime around the walls that people have written dates into from MONTHS ago. Kids should not get sick from said pool keeping mom up all night with vomitting & ear pain. Peddle carts should not be allowed to be taken from the main area. Kids (including those camping for 1/100th of the cost of a cabin, take those cars & hide them for the entire day so that no other children can use them. State you have internet- HAVE INTERNET!!! It was "down for service" our entire 8 day trip.

Bottom line is this. My kids LOVED this resort. They don't see what we do, so it was huge fun for them. I would actually gladly take them back if the place was scrubbed down, "cabins" secured & obnoxious fees removed. I am currently planning a trip to the Caribbean with them for next year because we seriously spent that much for this resort. I suggest this place for camping or RV's only until conditions improve.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank Growing2BoysInCinci
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Our friends had booked a deluxe cabin in May for the 4th weekend, and because the manager had out of town guests come in, gave our cabin away to them and cancelled our reservation. After a lot of pressure, they gave us another, teeny-tiny cabin at no charge, but really was willing to pay for what we reserved. The girl at the front desk was extremely nice and helpful, and if it wasn't for her, we would've gone somewhere else. I wouldn't trust them, and if you do make a reservation, make sure you get an email response and print it out as proof or they'll screw you over.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank jeanness1
Reviewed June 29, 2010

When I made reservation I was told there was a 50% deposit required. But then I made the mistake of paying the full amount. Then I had to cancel the reservation and expected the return of at least the portion I had paid above the required deposit. I was wrong.
Apparently their policy is that any money they take in they keep. If this is an indication of the way they do business I'll never consider them for any future stays.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Keith6
Reviewed June 9, 2010

We stayed at this place from June 5th to June 8th. Since Prizer Point is dog-friendly, we took our two labradors with us. The interior of the cable we were staying at was poorly designed; in other words, the TV was placed above the couch, so if we wanted to watch TV, we would have to sit at the dinner table. The beds were very, very squeaky, and I didn't get much sleep at all. It certainly didn't help that the cabin wasn't sound proof; I heard everything and everyone, both inside and out. When I was about to check my email on my MacBook, I noticed that the signal was very weak; in fact, there was no signal at all. I then had no choice but to take the MacBook to the Landing (the main building where you check in) just to surf the web. The Landing doubles as a restaurant and a gift shop, which I thought was pretty nifty. Prizer Point felt more like a dog-friendly resort than an "actual" resort, mainly because we spent much of our time walking our dogs and making sure they go to the bathroom (not to mention letting them swim in the lake!). We brought our own food, mainly because our cabin had a full kitchen, minus the dishwasher. There are plenty of activities, including boating, swimming, a game room, a "jumping pillow" (like a moonbounce), mini-golf (according to the website, closed for updates), etc. The next time we visit Kentucky, we probably won't go back to Prizer Point. Instead, we could go somewhere without bringing the dogs. Final thoughts: Prizer Point just didn't live up to my expectations. It could've been a lot better.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed March 31, 2010

We camped at Prizer Point in their opening week in a camper on a full hook up site. The staff was exceptional and informative. I read previous reviews that indicated that the cabins and condos were less than acceptable. I was given a tour of those facilities and my comments are that they are great facilities but I could not agree on the prices that were attached. The prices for camping were excellent but for a cabin or condo they seem above the expected standard.
The location is outstanding! If you would like to camp, boat, fish. or just enjoy your summer in a place where you can watch the sun rise and set in a purely natural environment this is the place. We enjoyed having a camper on the water and being able to fish within 20 feet of our site.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Campfishfun
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Rude and very short was the lady working. This place is not as nice as it looks on the website and I would "NOT" recommend!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family