“Could be sooo much better.... What a shame.”

Windows on the Water at the Lake Barkley Lodge
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Cadiz
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Windows serves a buffet that is very average. But, for a lot of families, there are some really good choices. We decided we would order off the menu. I ordered the catfish, fried... like "is there any other way"? Wonderful. Reeeally wonderful. Served with some of the best onion rings and well, the cole slaw.... too sweet for my taste, but I like a bit more sour/dill in mine. That's me.

And, then there was my hubby's choice. Ham with red eye gravy... OMGosh... This atrocity, in itself, was enough for the South to rise again. I'm not kidding... terrible. Aged? Oh, my... oh my, oh my. Aged or dried? After asking the cashier about the missing red eye gravy (had to take it up front to get some service) the gravy arrived 15 minutes later. Well..... God love 'em. They don't have a clue what red eye gravy is. I am not kidding you ... this "gravy" was bacon grease watered down with water. Pitiful. The chef shouldn't be allowed in Kentucky. It embarrassed me. I know I shouldn't say anything if I can't say something positive... so... I guess I have to say that I'm so very thankful that I am 100% positive that we will eat somewhere else, just about anywhere else, next time. God love 'em.

2  Thank JessieTheRealtor
There are newer reviews for Windows on the Water at the Lake Barkley Lodge

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We had a buffet, that was reasonably priced, and included Fried fish, Roast Beef, all kinds of veggies, an awesome key lime pie (lots of other desserts too), and a first class soup and salad bar. The view of the lake was out of this world and the waitresses were the friendliest and most knowledgable I have come across in a long time.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

There was 8 of us and everyone enjoyed their food. However, we all agreed the buffet did not look appealing at all. No one ordered it. Our waiter Dustin was delightful and was enjoyable to talk to and helpful in ordering.

1  Thank kates0824
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The breakfast buffet and dinner buffet were awesome and a great value. Service was attentive as was the view.
This place is worth a special trip!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Lunch and Supper menus were the same and more geared to lunch. Dining room was clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful.