“Basic-Limited”

Windows on the Water at the Lake Barkley Lodge
Ranked #8 of 31 Restaurants in Cadiz
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, Missouri
“Basic-Limited”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Lunch and Supper menus were the same and more geared to lunch. Dining room was clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful.

Visited June 2014

Marion, Illinois
“A Surprising Find.”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were at the southern end of the lake late in the afternoon and looking for somewhere to eat. We turned into the state park to turn around and chose to go on. We found the Lodge and stayed for lunch. They gave us a table next to the window to see the lake and a couple of eagles. The food was excellent and the service was even better. We were so full, we shared a mud pie and took the derby pie with us for later. Excellent desserts. The Lodge was also nice to look around. The only detractor was the parking.

• Visited June 2014
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Lake Barkley Lodge Sunday Afternoon Buffet.”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My mother, father, and I have been visiting Lake Barkley Lodge for several years now. Up until several months ago, the buffet and food were always delicious. About 5 months ago, we took our uncle with us. We always go on a Sunday afternoon between 1:00-2:00p.m. Back then, they had taken the cheese bar off of the buffet. My father and uncle at that time were extremely upset because we all like to eat cheese with our soup or salad. The staff felt sorry for us enough to have put the cheese bar out for us to enjoy for the rest of our visit.

On Sunday June 1, 2014; my mother, father, and I went there. It has more than gone down over the past several months. The cheese bar was no more, except on holidays ONLY. The salad bar did not look very promising. My father and I really enjoy the vegetable beef soup. The first bowl we had, the soup pot was almost empty. They put out a new pot, so I decided to have another bowl. The soup was good. However, it was nothing but primarily tomato paste and juice, but hardly any vegetables. The buffet itself was not at all appetizing. It looked like it had been sitting there for hours, and nothing at all stirred along the way. I never eat the roast beef because it always looks extremely raw and bloody. If other people can eat it and say that they like it, MORE POWER TO THEM. The ham did not even taste good. The green beans and ham did not taste good. The ham in them looked too gray in color to me, versus normally being pink in color. The corn was too watery. Even the candied yams were not as good. I did not eat any myself, but my mother and father said that the fried chicken was not even good.

The only food item that we can all agree on that was fantastic; was the banana pudding. It has never been beyond fantastic. As sad as this may seem, we are telling the Honest to God truth about our experience here the other day. Being just the 3 of us, we expected 10 times the food quality for $51-$52 than we received. Also, 2 cokes and 1 sweet tea costing us $6.00 of the total is what I would call highway robbery. That is beyond ridiculous as far as I am concerned.

We all live in Clarksville, TN. and we could have eaten just about anywhere under $51.00 and had much better food that we paid for at Barkley Lodge. All in all, this was not a pleasant at all dining experience. On the plus side, we all had a cup of coffee with our dessert and we all sat outside on the porch and watched all of the swimmers in the swimming pool. They were having a great time.

I am sorry for leaving such a negative dining experience comment, but this cafeteria is absolutely nothing like it used to be anymore. Higher prices - MUCH lower quality food. Bring back the cheese bar, put slice ham for salads back on the salad bar, and improve your entire buffet line and then you would have something!!!

Thanks,

Trevor Reynolds
Clarksville, TN.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Trevor R
“Great view, great omelet”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Beautiful views of Lake Barkley from every table are a highlight of the restaurant, but the omelets are wonderful. A great place to start your day before you head out to explore.

Visited May 2014
Henderson
“Wonderful lunch Buffet”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

What a great restaurant to enjoy a meal in! We traveled by boat to the Lake Barkley Lodge dock and tied up. We walked in to the restaurant at lunch on Memorial Day 2014. My wife and I got the salad bar. Very enjoyable, staff was warm and friendly. We'll be back, Thank you!

• Visited May 2014