“Must try.”

Timbers Steak & Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Timber's is located on HWY 68 West and intersection 164 by the Barkley Bridge. Sitting on top a BIG hill you'll find some GREAT FOOD!! Homemade deserts made daily to mouth watering steaks and bbq and awesome salads...Customers come in as strangers but leave as friends.W E L C O M E....
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We had a group of 13 and we were seated quickly. The restaurant was clean and the service was friendly.
It did take a bit to get our drink orders and we all didn't get served all at the same time, but once our food did arrive it was hot and very good. The placed was packed so we understood the issue of service. No biggy.
If you are in the area stop in. Try the beef tips! They were some of the best I have had!

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We got here at 8 on a Saturday night. We were seated at a tiny table for 4 with 2large parties right next to us. We waited 10 minutes and no service---not even a drink order! We left!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family was in town for my in-law's 50 Anniversary. We called and made a reservation for 18 people which was no problem. It was a Tuesday so we didn't think it would be too busy, but we know 18 is a lot of people. Please note I said Tuesday. When we arrived we were so happy to have a private area.

Earlier in the day we went on line to view their menu so that it did not take for ever for all of us to order. WRONG MOVE #1. The menu is not accurate on line or at the restaurant. The menu indicates Smoked Prime Rib with this note (NOT AVAILABLE ON WEDNESDAY). Well silly us thought that since it was Tuesday we could order Prime Rib. Oh no they only serve Prime Rib on the weekends.

WRONG MOVE #2 - Assumed that they would have chicken. since they have a few chicken dishes. Nope! The waitress kindly told us they had ONE chicken left so figure out who was going to order it. Really how do you run out of chicken?

WRONG MOVE #3 - A very large portion of our group wanted the Rib Platter. Again there is a note stating: (RIBS NOT AVAILABLE ON WEDNESDAY). Again being Tuesday we were hopefully. The orders were taken and most of them were for the Full Rack Rib Platter. Well guess what...they did not have enough. The waitress came back and said they were running out of ribs so everyone had to do half racks. This was fine because of the size of the half rack, but really? Oh the last order that came out for an adult was a smaller serving size than the kid portion. They only have two bones of meet.

FINAL AND WRONG MOVE #4 - The waitress was trying very hard and said that they have had a lot of complaints and we should talk to her manager who was sitting behind the hostess table. I went over and first gave her a compliment on my steak because it was very good. But in my head I was fuming about not having prime rib. I then nicely suggested she should update her menu because it was very confusing. She then blamed some guy and I told her that as Manager she needed to take the lead and make the changes because it was causing issues for employees and customers. She wanted nothing to do with this conversation. Instead she told me she would take it under advisement, but it probably would not change. She is so rude and should not be manager. I don't care if she has ownership in this place.

So overall, I am not suggesting this place!

Primeowner, Manager at Timbers Steak & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Ms. We are very sorry for your experience, however you were talking to the owner and not the manager. The menu is correct we are operating on a summer schedule til sept. We have many more things on the menu to choose from. Thisis the first summer we were open on Tuesdays which was a trial run to see if it worked so the menus nor the website was adjusted for this reason. We don't serve Prime Rib or Ribs on Tuesday or Wednesday because of the time it takes for them to smoke. The server knew this and should have advised you prior to ordering. Had you allowed the owner to talk she would have had more to say. But instead she said she would take it into advisement. We are working on a new procedure so this doesn't happen again. Again sorry for your disappointment.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant was clean. Service was friendly. Cat fish and sirloin where very good. Prime rib and kids burger were just ok. Prime rib was over priced but the other dinners we had were reasonable. Lacked steakhouse atmosphere.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Rustic family steakhouse in the country near Lake Barkley. Assortment of steaks, seafood, chicken, salads, and burgers offer something for everyone. Irish nachos are great starters. Good meals that won't break the bank. Quite a drive out in the country but the setting is charming.