Lake Cumberland Resort
Comfort Inn of Somerset(Somerset)(Great Value!)
$89
Courtyard Somerset(Somerset)
$105
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Somerset(Somerset)(Great Value!)
$120
$100
Priceline
Great 4.5/5
Motel 6 Somerset(Somerset)(Great Value!)
$52
Very Good 4/5
Red Roof Inn Somerset(Somerset)(Great Value!)
$53
$48
Good 3.5/5
$65
$55
Average 3/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We stayed in unit 314C for Christmas. It was great! Beautiful views even in the dead of winter. The cabin itself was really nice! Way better than a crummy, cramped hotel. Super clean, plenty of dishes and cookware, nice fireplace, private hot tub and bonus air hockey table! The cabins are in a community and are a little close together but seem very family friendly. Ours was far from rustic so if seclusion is what you're after then maybe look elsewhere. Otherwise, it went above and beyond our expectations. We'll definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Mcatdap
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Beautiful area, nice cabin location. Loved the screened in front porch and back deck. Loved having the gas grill available. Very quiet and relaxing. Drawbacks would be hot tub only really accommodated two people at a time...could have used a dishwasher and laundry center...and more towels and dishcloths...other than that I would highly recommend this resort. The drive is a little bit off the beaten path, but thats part of the charm. There is security on the grounds so we always felt we had someone we could call if any problems arose.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Rhonda G
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We found the resortat the last minute, and they were more than happy to accomodate us on short notice. We stayed in cabin 211 and it was great! Super clean, updated, had everything we needed , along with a screened in porch and hot tub! I would definitely recommend this resort and I will absolutely be back!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank twin1378
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We stayed at a property called "King of the Mountain". It was perfect for our family - grandparents, two couples and two babies. We each had a floor to ourselves, and the views are incredible! However, for the amount charged, the owners need to update the beds and bedding. Every one of the mattresses crackled and crunched with every turn - so loud that the babies sleeping in the same rooms woke up repeatedly! We came for a family event about an hour away, so we weren't at the house for a good part of the day. The pool closest to us was very small, but clean. The other pool by the marina was murky and uninviting. I'm not sure that there is enough to do here, if this was all you came for - boat rentals are an option, but expensive. It was nice to relax on the back porch when we returned from the reunion, however. The home is very clean, and ample towels are provided

Room Tip: Bryan is very helpful, and made traveling with two small babies much easier.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lisa3960
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I have stayed at Lake Cumberland many times in the past 20 years. Love the resort. However, I recently reserved a cabin for a business meeting like I have doen so many times before. The first nights total for the cabin was charged to my bank the day I made my reservation (this was not a hold on funds) When plans changed and I called to cancel the reservation I was told that the new policy was that you had to cancel SEVEN days in advance. I was calling 5 days prior. This was never explained when i was talking to the reservation staff. Finally I had to leave a message with the "manager" to see if they would consider giving me a refund. I have yet to hear from the manager! I love the resort and think it is beautiful and well kept, however, the new policy has really left a bitter taste in my mouth. Not quite sure I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business