“fanatastic!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burnside
Lake Cumberland Resort
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We found the resortat the last minute, and they were more than happy to accomodate us on short notice. We stayed in cabin 211 and it was great! Super clean, updated, had everything we needed , along with a screened in porch and hot tub! I would definitely recommend this resort and I will absolutely be back!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank twin1378

Reviewed July 13, 2011

We stayed at a property called "King of the Mountain". It was perfect for our family - grandparents, two couples and two babies. We each had a floor to ourselves, and the views are incredible! However, for the amount charged, the owners need to update the beds and bedding. Every one of the mattresses crackled and crunched with every turn - so loud that the babies sleeping in the same rooms woke up repeatedly! We came for a family event about an hour away, so we weren't at the house for a good part of the day. The pool closest to us was very small, but clean. The other pool by the marina was murky and uninviting. I'm not sure that there is enough to do here, if this was all you came for - boat rentals are an option, but expensive. It was nice to relax on the back porch when we returned from the reunion, however. The home is very clean, and ample towels are provided

Room Tip: Bryan is very helpful, and made traveling with two small babies much easier.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lisa3960
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I have stayed at Lake Cumberland many times in the past 20 years. Love the resort. However, I recently reserved a cabin for a business meeting like I have doen so many times before. The first nights total for the cabin was charged to my bank the day I made my reservation (this was not a hold on funds) When plans changed and I called to cancel the reservation I was told that the new policy was that you had to cancel SEVEN days in advance. I was calling 5 days prior. This was never explained when i was talking to the reservation staff. Finally I had to leave a message with the "manager" to see if they would consider giving me a refund. I have yet to hear from the manager! I love the resort and think it is beautiful and well kept, however, the new policy has really left a bitter taste in my mouth. Not quite sure I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank gentlmnky
Reviewed December 4, 2009

We picked this place online and were sadly disappointed for several reasons. First, we were told it was on Lake Cumberland, it is NOT it's on the river. The front door of the house leaked air so badly, it was definately a safety issue. You could see light all the way around the door. We were never told it was a duplex!!! We could hear the people next door, the walls are paper thin. The outside balcony has a piece of ply wood that separates you from your neighbor. The people in the next house over, sat out on their balcony and watched us the whole time, even in the hot tub. There is absoutely NO privacy. The view of the water? Yeah, about a 2ft by 2ft spot between the trees. The shrubs were so overgrown you had to walk in the grass to get into the house. Phone didn't work. The hill down to the duplex was so steep we couldn't take our boat down there. No dogs allowed, which we liked except the neighbors next to us brought a yappy dog anyways. For the price we paid ($1400 week), it should have been a much nicer place. Was supposed to have 3 bathrooms, had only 2 1/2. To get to the hot tub you had to go through one of the bedrooms. We loved the lake, never will we stay at Lake Cumberland Resort again. Go elsewhere. To many other nice places to stay. The house was clean, I will say that.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank talawyer
Reviewed March 15, 2009

A friend and I rented cabin 501C, a one bedroom cabin that had loads of charm.

It's situated in the Daniel Boone Forest area near Lake Cumberland. The resort itself offers 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom rentals. I fell in love with the cabin through their website as it had a huge wrap around porch and hot tub - 2 things that are essential in my opinion.

The amenities were endless it seemed. Washer and dryer, BBQ, gas fireplace, 2 bathrooms, dishwasher, FULLY stocked kitchen... I was further enticed to book due to the spring special, book 3 nights and pay for 2!! (Or book 7 pay for 5, the deal is offered in spring and fall)

Upon our late arrival (we got there after office hours) the security guard escorted us to the cabin area, which has a gate as extra precaution. I was delighted to find the exterior and interior exactly as the website had boasted.

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone. The staff were excellent, the cabins are gorgeous and the price is reasonable. Hidden gem indeed!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EJ81_ON
Reviewed February 20, 2008

We just got back from one of the most relaxing vacations I've had in years! Lake Cumberland Resort is just a few minutes off 27 from the town of Somerset. They rent cabins in the woods for couples, families, and even large groups.

Our two bedroom cabin was impeccably clean, provided a romantic gas fireplace, and a hot tub on the back screened-in porch. All the cabins come equipped with towels, dishes, paper towels, ect. and have a kitchen, dining area, and livingroom with satellite TV. We spent the same price per night that we spent in Henderson, Ky at a run-of -the-mill Comfort Inn. While our get-away was off-season for a romantic Valentine/Daytona 500 weekend, the cabins are situated far enough apart that we felt it would still have privacy in the busy summer season.

We found the Lake Cumberland Resort staff so sweet and hospitable, I was begging my husband for us to move to Kentucky by the end of our five day get-away. (In fact, all of our encounters with locals around this area were positively warm.)

This location was also great for us to see the State and National Parks during the day and return to our cabin in the evening. Besides the many boating and water activities in the area, there are at least five golf courses within a 1/2 hr drive. The resort has two pools and a general store, both open during the warmer months.

While the decore was pretty basic, the square footage, screened-in porches, (and did I mention the hot tub?) was one of the best vacation values I've found in a long time.

We are looking forward to returning to Cumberland Lakes Resort with our children this summer.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Riss

Been to Lake Cumberland Resort? Share your experiences!