Tropicana Beach Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Minh Dam Hotel(Phuoc Hai)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Saigon-Condao Resort(Con Dao Islands)
  • Pool
Tan Hoang Mao Hotel(Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I went to Tropicana with my family and some relatives for two nights. We've been staying in this resort every year since it opened, around 5 years ago, and we already noticed before that the maintenance of the resort got worse year by year. But after the experience we had this Summer, we probably won't go back there anymore.
When we first arrived in the afternoon, the rooms weren't ready yet, so we went to Phuoc Hai city for a round and came back after one hour. We got our room and the toilet floor was wet and slippery (they probably cleaned it in a hurry). As the toilet paper was completely wet too, I went to the front desk, asking to send housekeeping with a new one and someone to dry the floor.
After two hours (meanwhile we went to the beach and came back) nothing changed. So I went to the front desk again and just in that moment the lady who I talked to before, realized that she forgot it and called the housekeeping.
The rooms are kept very bad: water leak marks on the walls, eroding paint and black spots on the shower curtain.
It is such a pity because the the resort has such a nice location and regular maintenances could preserve the place perfectly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Erica T
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My friends and I stopped at this hotel whilst on a motorbiking holiday travelling the south coast of Vietnam. For this purpose the hotel was fine, with a clean room and good pool. However, the very slow service and location have hindered it's potential. We arrived at lunchtime and sought out some nibbles but this took a very long time and appeared to cause some amusement to the bewildered restaurant staff. We ventured into Long Hai hoping to find somewhere for diner but left unsuccessfully to return to the hotel to face more delays in ordering drinks. The morning breakfast was as equally unimpressive. There was little information shared about timings for check out and services (such as breakfast) and possibly the worst soundproofed rooms as we were awoken very early to shouting, running around and someone barbecuing in the public corridor! Our stay was fit for our purpose of a stopover but I would not recommend this location or resort for longer stays.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank frannah
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We booked the hotel right before the Tet Holiday (Chinese New Year) which it turned out may have been the vest time of year. With the exception of one other couple I had noticed, we had the entire resort to ourselves. Despite the snow in my Philadelphia, the weather here was warm, the sky clear. The resort is located right on the beach where the water was a comfortable 80 degrees. The staff is very friendly. I booked one of the rooms that have a balcony. The extra dollars are worth the view and evening sea breezes. The location is rather secluded, not within walking distance to anything except beach. Fortunately, the food in the resort was excellent and reasonably priced, breakfast complimentary. a weight, room, game room and two pools with Jacuzzi along with miles of beach, provided ample recreation,. As we left, the day before Tet, the resort was quickly filling up. Our timing was perfect.

The town has many small shops with good bargains, but you will need a cab to get there. Taxis in Viet Nam are cheap, but the cost will start to accrue and is time consuming. There is a Buddhist temple within walking distance (about 1 mile) which was under construction and nearly completed that is worth seeing.

Be advised that anywhere you go in south Viet Nam, bring insect repellent, mosquitoes are small, barely visible and relentless in their appetite for those of us with sweet blood.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael E
Reviewed November 4, 2012

A beautiful and not expensive resort with a good restaurant and helpful staff should be rated "very good" but a few details stopped my mouse on "average":
1. Breakfast completely conceived for local customers. No cakes at all and I was under the impression that a horde of Vandals ransacked the buffet just before me spilling coffee and seizing cutlery
2. The tiny TV set in the "chalet de luxe" C8 could be exposed in a museum
3. WIFI works poorly
4. Recent floods and rough sea have swallowed the beach that is now sitting six feet below the access and is only a few yards wide
5. Ants at the restaurant
Not a train smash; just some room to improve

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stay 2 nights with family there . Expect more than what we could get. Not well maintained and service is poor. Not recommended to come back again . Mosquitos are huge and the beach is not nice. Nha trang would be better. For eating need to go to Vung Tau center for good and cheap food

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family