“Exotic fishing at its best”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Khao Thong
Gillhams Fishing Resorts
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Khao Thong
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We visited Gillhams for just a day trip and being the fishing enthusiast I was so excited! It was lovely to chat to the English guides and after setting us up we were away! My wife and I fished and caught 3 Mekong Catfish and a Chinese Seerfish (which are one of the rarest fish in the world). We caught 85lb, 100lb and 150lb Mekongs which we were stoked with! It's a great setting, and you have all the food and drink at hand for an extra cost! There are not too many anglers at one time which means you are not fishing close to anyone else, perfect!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Miles T

Reviewed January 22, 2012

great bungalows ,fantastic gardens ,great food ,in a setting you would not believe.on top of that the worlds top lake for exotic and large fish.am returning again this year.my wife is a non angler and she loves the place as well,tranquility.

Room Tip: no bad bungalows
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LiverpoolFisherman
Reviewed November 29, 2011

If you love fishing, this is the place for you. We have visited four times in under two years. Our first experience was as a day ticket, although upon arrival this was promptly changed to three days and nights. Although I didn't fish then, I can honestly say how amazing it was. The surrounding are so beautiful and a brilliant way to unwind. I've never felt so relaxed. For my partner the fishing experience was beyond anything he could ever of imaged. Fish that are truly world records. On that note I would add the care of the fish is also first class, these creatures are truly nurtured by the experienced fishing guides, and as a lover of nature, this was brilliant to see. On top of that you have superb bungalows that offer excellent facilities for your time here. Even down to PG tips teabags in your bungalow, which are all set on the lake. The view first thing in the morning, when you pull back your curtains will blow you away. On top of all this you have a restaurant that offers first class Thai and English food that in our experience is better that most places we have eaten in Thailand. Lastly, the staff, they work very hard to make your holiday one that you will remember for ever, nothing is too much trouble, their friendly approach and helpfulness is world class. You will find most customers are returnees like us, as it is simply the best.

• Stayed: December 2010
4  Thank Jn63
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I've been to Gillhams Fishing Resort 3 times in the last year and it just gets better and better every time! The staff are all superb and will go out of their way to help you with anything, the guides are all extremly knowledgable about the water and the best techniques to use. If you have a particular target species you want to go after just tell them and they will advise you on the best way to go about catching one. Of course after that it's up to you to put in the effort. If I had one complaint, it would be that the food is too good and it sets a very high standard for other restaraunts to meet if you choose to go elsewhere after the fishing.
I can't wait to get back over next year to try for the 37 species I have yet to catch, oh and have a go of the new fly and lure lake which Staurt has built, I reckon that it's very quickly going to become a top destination for fly anglers much the same as the bait fishing lake has became the destination for giant fish!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Darren B
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I've been to most fishing resorts in Thailand and South East Asia, and Gillhams Resort is by far my favourite. I was picked up from my hotel in Ao Nang and immediately treated as a friend. Stuart, Sean and all the staff go out of their way to make you feel more than welcome, the accommodation is superb, the food is great, and the views spectacular.
The fishing is world class, and from the moment you cast a line you have a chance of landing a world record. This place is a true Jurrassic Park of the fishing world. The tackle is the best, the information, advice and bait are too. Simply cast a line and hold on tight for dear life, it could be a 400lb Aripama. I would have no hesitation at all of recommending this fantastic holiday resort.
It's where fishing dreams come true!!!!

Room Tip: I had a bungalow near the pool looking out on to the lake, it was amazing, looking out at Dawn to ri...
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank hoyeboy
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Me and my brother stayed there for 6 nights in April 2011 all I can say is that this place is paradise on earth!!!!!. The bungalows are well furnished and very good sleep quality but that is just the start the gardens are very beautiful and the restaurant serves the best quality Thai & English food at inexpensive prices.
The best part about this resort is the fishing and the magic about Gillhams is that when you are fishing and the bite alarm screams you dont know what has just picked up your bait. I would recommend this resort to anybody not just as a fishing holiday it is a great base for other activities in and around Krabi.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MarieandLee
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Been there twice and can't wait to get back. You won't find a better fishing holiday anywhere in the world. Great fishing and if you have any energy left at the end of the day, great night life in Ao Nang. The only problem is finding time to sleep. A week just isn't long enough and you need to stay for at least a fortnight.

To maximise your fishing time, make your last day one on which there is a 19.00 flight from Krabi to Bangkok. This will reduce your waiting time at BKK and you will be back at LHR in time for work the next day.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Thalane Home Bed and Breakfast
The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort
Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort

Been to Gillhams Fishing Resorts? Share your experiences!